Where will wednesday finish

Where will Wednesday finish this season?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Wednesday finish this season?

• champions
    • top 6
    • mid table
    • relegation

i,ll try my best for you m8 where in north wales are you i used to live in holywell for a while?

Hi Corkers,

I live in Hawarden which is not far from Holywell. Hawarden is famous for . . . errr . . William Gladstone, Michael Owen and Gary Speed. Gary is a member of one of the teams which play in our local Monday night pub quiz. I asked him a few months ago if he'd mind popping over and playing a few games for the Owls - to get them going but they've started without him. He doesn't come in much now, moved to Upton I think (a few miles the other side of Chester).

I think it was about 50 years ago I remember them languishing near the foot of the then 2cnd div. Then one Saturday they went out and won 5-1 at Luton. After that, they went on a roll, right until the end of season which saw them, I think gain promotion. If anyone has access to records which would show which year it was they won 5-1 at Luton I'd appreciate knowing if I'm right. I therefore feel its time to be positive, to think big and go and put a fiver on them to get to the play offs at least, or, can they overhaul Cardiff, Preston etc? Great to see the goals at Leicester on the link that Ally gave earlier, (under sports and activities).

That's my girl, isn't she's good .

Don't like doing this but 6th place last season got 75 points. To equal this we need to increase our points average by 0.21, that works out at 3 wins and a draw over and above our current average.

Not that daunting when you look at it that way is it? ;)

See absolutely no reason why we can't maintain this good form & if that is the case, who knows? A couple of decent signings this January:

- Crossley

- Edwards @ Luton

- another good FB

I'd say top six. We have absolutely nothing to fear from any team in this league as we have proved thus far. I have always said that if we went up this season we would get battered next, but...just as someone (I think Chuffinel) said further up, when is the right time? The right time, if we pass the opprtunity up now, could indeed be in ten years time.

Take it while we can! Sure it would as miraculous as England winning the Ashes, us not losing again for the rest of the season, but if anything, our historic injury worries are becoming selection problems and the team are playing as well as I can remember since we were last in the top flight.

All we, as humble supporters can do is to keep hitting those turnstiles and backing the boys up as well as we always do. Let's make it happen!

UP THE OWLS (& England as well, the ****in reprobates!)!! :thumbsup:

Archived