Sex pistols in sheffield 1976

geetee

hi sex pistols played blackswan pub now the boardwalk in 1976 before they became famous(infamous) the clash also played their first gig as support does anyone know anything about this gig? were you there or do you know someone who was?cheers.

hi sex pistols played blackswan pub now the boardwalk in 1976 before they became famous(infamous) the clash also played their first gig as support does anyone know anything about this gig? were you there or do you know someone who was?cheers.

I remember Mick Jones talking about it during a Big Audio Dynamite gig at the Leadmill around 1992...

I'm sure there has been some discussion about it on here before - I think someone said their auntie was landlady of the Black Swan pub at the time?

Do a search on it on here - you should find something.

StarSparkle

Wow! really? Not a sex pistols fan. The Clash were pretty good.:)

I wasn't born until 1977 so couldn't possibly comment.

• 2 years later...

I'm a Pistols fan of the highest order & have seen them 5 times in recent years. I also think The Clash were a fantastic band too and I appreciate them more now than when they were together.

From that night on 4th July 1976 I have neither met anyone nor seen any photos from that evening. At that point in their career The Pistols had only played 33 known gigs prior to this one if I'm correct & The Black Swan I think was only their sixth Northern one so very few had seen them or understood them at that point, me included.

It would be nice to hear from someone who witnessed that evening. They only did small clubs, halls, colleges, strip joints etc & after that night it would be another 5 months before they appeared on live tv on the Today programme with Bill Grundy......'n the rest as they say is history.

Archived