Why do all scrubbers smoke?

I dont live there, so I wont be in an empty pub. Why argue? There is nothing you can do about it, so just leave it. Your words on my screen mean nothing to me. If you dont like the fact that Ill be sparking up in a pub that you dont frequent anyway, then you have issues that need adressing.

I'm just amused by your denial. Living in denial that is.

You don't live there, but once the license is gone it'll be private guess only, not paying for the beer obviously. So just you're millionaire landlord and his busily puffing away family, assuming that you want to go and drink in an empty ex-pub.

I dont live there, so I wont be in an empty pub. Why argue? There is nothing you can do about it, so just leave it. Your words on my screen mean nothing to me. If you dont like the fact that Ill be sparking up in a pub that you dont frequent anyway, then you have issues that need adressing.

Read again kids.

jaythedon raised this thread along the lines of 'Why do all scrubbers smoke?".

And I accept that my posts may have pushed it off topic a bit.

But this has actually become an anti smoking thread.

Someone said it had the best title for a thread they had seen on the forum so I want to turn it round (in true contoversial fashion) to:

"Why are all smokers scrubbers?"

You already have my feelings on the subject - smokers are mentaly inferior to non smokers.

Discuss.

The thread didn't start as a criticism of everyone who smokes. :( I'm an ex smoker and although I'm disappointed that so many younger people smoke I still think its a matter of personal choice.................if they are not depriving their family of necessities to do so. The original thread was a criticism of some people who are supported by the rest of us. It wasn't a criticism of people who can't work due to ill health or disability, or those who may be out of work after many years of grafting. It wasn't even a criticism of smokers in general.

The thread is about a section of our community who use the benefits system as their cash cow. They often don't consider any form of family planning so have children with no though for their financial support, and without the ability to be adequate parents. We see and hear them daily, on the tram or the bus, in certain parts of town, on some of our estates. They usually have no idea of appropriate behaviour, as most of their communication is either yelled or screamed, children are sworn at loudly or ignored!

Unfortunately, lots of posters read one or two posts and either take offence :huh: or get involved in an argument about something that is really off topic :suspect:

I wouldn't use the term 'scrubber' but I understand who the OP was referring to and I can't understand how so many other posters fail to see what he meant. I don't care who smokes if they can pay for it, its up to them. I do however resent my hard earned money is going on fags, booze and other luxuries to a to**er who has never done a hand's turn in his life. :rant:

No responses please to this post in the vein of - 'my mums a pensioner who always worked, has brought up a hard working and responsible family and enjoys a cigarette in her old age, why are you calling her a scrubber?'

You already have my feelings on the subject - smokers are mentaly inferior to non smokers.

Discuss.

'Tis true - the constant low level carbon monoxide poisoning reduces oxygen to the brain thereby reducing mental capacity.

I await the backlash :hihi:

The thread didn't start as a criticism of everyone who smokes. :( I'm an ex smoker and although I'm disappointed that so many younger people smoke I still think its a matter of personal choice.................if they are not depriving their family of necessities to do so. The original thread was a criticism of some people who are supported by the rest of us. It wasn't a criticism of people who can't work due to ill health or disability, or those who may be out of work after many years of grafting. It wasn't even a criticism of smokers in general.

The thread is about a section of our community who use the benefits system as their cash cow. They often don't consider any form of family planning so have children with no though for their financial support, and without the ability to be adequate parents. We see and hear them daily, on the tram or the bus, in certain parts of town, on some of our estates. They usually have no idea of appropriate behaviour, as most of their communication is either yelled or screamed, children are sworn at loudly or ignored!

Unfortunately, lots of posters read one or two posts and either take offence :huh: or get involved in an argument about something that is really off topic :suspect:

I wouldn't use the term 'scrubber' but I understand who the OP was referring to and I can't understand how so many other posters fail to see what he meant. I don't care who smokes if they can pay for it, its up to them. I do however resent my hard earned money is going on fags, booze and other luxuries to a to**er who has never done a hand's turn in his life. :rant:

No responses please to this post in the vein of - 'my mums a pensioner who always worked, has brought up a hard working and responsible family and enjoys a cigarette in her old age, why are you calling her a scrubber?'

This feeling though then leads to the idea that instead of cash being given out in benefits it should be morrisons vouchers, and only redeemable against morrisons 'basics' range.

Which always gets someone upset who's only on benefits for 6 weeks whilst they find a new job.

Maybe after 1 year on benefits the benefit should become vouchers. But they'd just go and sell the vouchers... so how far do you go to force these people to use the money for what it was intended for?

Archived