Why do all scrubbers smoke?

All non smokers can think outside the box. For example:

Alarm clock rings

Non Smoker: I'm going to get up and have a great day

Smoker: Where's me box of fags, me mouths like an ash tray!

And, whilst running for the bus:

Non smoker: No problem, I'm easily going to make it - I'm agile and healthy

Smoker: Oh God, this is gonna be the death of me, I'm gonna end up in a 6 foot wooden box.

Stood in a lift:

Non smoker: I know I smell great

Smoker: I smell worse than a sweaty cricketers box

And as for unintersting as a species. Well lets see now:

Two smokers in a pub:

Smoker1: Got any fags?

Smoker2: Yeah, you got a light?

Thrilling!!

Mentally Inferior!!!

You're so ignorant that i've done a wee wee from laughing too hard

I couldn't think or a reply to this, (coz is too fick innit), so I thought I'd add my self to the scenario.

All non smokers can think outside the box. For example:

Alarm clock rings

Non Smoker: I'm going to get up and have a great day

Smoker: Where's me box of fags, me mouths like an ash tray!

Ash: Why are there 2 people in my bed? ***** it, someone push the snooze button please.

And, whilst running for the bus:

Non smoker: No problem, I'm easily going to make it - I'm agile and healthy

Smoker: Oh God, this is gonna be the death of me, I'm gonna end up in a 6 foot wooden box.

Ash: Happy running guys, I'm taking my car. It probably works out cheaper than the bus, and I neither have to wait for it, or run for it.

Stood in a lift:

Non smoker: I know I smell great

Smoker: I smell worse than a sweaty cricketers box

Ash: <<thinks... no one talks to people in lifts, and when someone in a lift that I don't know says to me "hey, I smell great!!!", I press the next floor, and exit promptly.

And as for unintersting as a species. Well lets see now:

Two smokers in a pub:

Smoker1: Got any fags?

Smoker2: Yeah, you got a light?

Ash: do I know either of you?

Smoker1: No

Smoker2: No

Ash: Didn't think so, see yaThrilling!!

Mentally Inferior!!!

Yes, I really am mentally inferior. All it took was one post to prove it.

ash:confused: :loopy::rolleyes::(

Well, Macbeth,Cyclone and Darbees, nice try to get things back to the original subject.

Of the 4 pages I've just read to update myself on this thread since yesterday. Minus your posts (an the OPs of course), there aren't any posts on the subject.

Ash, thanks for pointing it out, but we must not have made it clear enough - see below! :huh:

Originally Posted by susie34

this thread is a joke! so what if people want to smoke.if you dont like it Move!!! and what do you class as a scrubber? people on benifits,single parents, just cause people smoke doesnt make them a bad person and yes im a smoker and a single mum and totally proud of it and before anyone askes yes i do work fulltime so if i want to treat myself to a packet or two i will.and i pay the TAX on them!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe people are still writing this sort of stuff without reading the thread.

Its sad darbees, how some people will extract one little bit from a thread and feel they have been personally attacked! :loopy: Perhaps one of the smokers who has taken this thread to mean them should start one headed 'is everyone who smokes a bad person?' and leave this thread alone :hihi:

think mis1889 was offended at bein called a scrubber, most likely true though.

smokers don't think they smell, believe us with full breathing capabilities, you do!

dirty, again, yes! yellow fingers, dirty teeth, black lungs! not the best for your health is it!

i don'tt understand how anyone can seriously think its ok, do they realise what its like to have cancer? if theres something i can do to dranatically decrease my chance of getting it, i will! why would anyone pay to increase their chance! senseless!

Rubbish. Nothing to do with being mentally weak.

If we're up for sweeping generalisation though, why is it that non-smokers seem utterly incapable of thinking outside the box? And are generally pretty uninteresting as a species, due to their pious and self-righteous attitudes?

Discuss.

I can think outside the box, make executive decisions and be an active member of a dynamic team, and whatever other management-speak cliches you care to think of :)

I wouldn't call my attitude pious or self righteous - as I believe I've already said, continue to smoke by all means as it keeps me in a job ;) !!!

Originally Posted by chickmonk

Rubbish. Nothing to do with being mentally weak.

If we're up for sweeping generalisation though, why is it that non-smokers seem utterly incapable of thinking outside the box? And are generally pretty uninteresting as a species, due to their pious and self-righteous attitudes?

Discuss.

I don't know anybody who smokes - not one, and haven't done for at least 10 years. The only people I come across who do smoke tend to be very much the menial types.

Archived