Why do all scrubbers smoke?

think mis1889 was offended at bein called a scrubber, most likely true though.
Rubbish !

smokers don't think they smell
Yes I know it smells but I'm a clean person and know i only smell after a smoking cigarette

dirty, again, yes!
No actually I wash unlike some !!

yellow fingers,
Don't think so :loopy:

dirty teeth
Very clean teeth actually and chew gum too

, black lungs
!quite possibly

not the best for your health is it!
Not really but smokers either enjoy or are addicted to smoking or they wouldn't do it OBVIOUSLY:huh:

Yeah, smoking is crap, smokers are often crap. Not much more to add to that, I could say the same thing much more eloquently but I think this sums up the essence of my meaning perfectly.

I find it amusing that smokers, with so much obvious bad opinion directed towards their antisocial, graceless habit, exhibit the defensive knee jerk reaction of attacking every single non-smoker as being 'uninteresting as a species', 'rarely washing' etc. etc. - even suggesting that they are in some way weak for being affected by the toxic fumes that smokers inflict upon them.

While it is entirely possible to define general features of smokers by their habit, said habit being the cause of these traits, non-smokers aren't a group amenable to generalisation as there is no common factor linking them (absence of a factor a group does not make). In short, while our accusations may have some basis, smokers offensive reaction is without rational basis. But then I wouldn't expect rational behaviour from a group who, as Nekro so brilliantly put it, are told they will die if they continue with an activity then continue doing it anyway.

As for the addiction, don't use that as an excuse, the more addicted you are the more reason you have to beat said addiction. Also relevant to the point about older people smoking, my grandad smoked heavily from the age of 15, right up until the point where the first studies linked smoking to lung cancer, at which point he stopped.

That's all there is to it, there's no major planning or thought involved, all you have to do is stop. And I'm not talking from a complete lack of experience here either, perhaps not as severe an addiction but I decided not to drink any more over 3 years ago, and so haven't. I have no respect for people who have no respect for themselves - if you can't even control your own body and mind what else are you ever going to achieve in life?

Yeah, smoking is crap, smokers are often crap. Not much more to add to that, I could say the same thing much more eloquently but I think this sums up the essence of my meaning perfectly.

Just an observation, but why then did you feel the need to go on for a further four paragraphs:confused:

wow what a long thread. i smoke(and hate it stopped few times but stress made me start again:loopy: ) i drink and live in s5 but am not taking this thread personaly. i know what your getting at, i know of a family close by who smoke,drink(allday n night) have four times more kids than the average family, and live on benifits. personaly i think sterilisation would help but cutting down on fags and beer would be good. though there kids possibly get more at xmas than mine.

i know of a family close by who smoke,drink(allday n night) have four times more kids than the average family, and live on benifits. personaly i think sterilisation would help but cutting down on fags and beer would be good.
Sadly, they are part of the great decline of British society, and the culture of benefit-dependence that this government has nurtured.

Sadly, they are part of the great decline of British society, and the culture of benefit-dependence that this government has nurtured.

not wanting to sound like a snob but i agree, the problem seems to be that its too easy to fiddle benifits, and get more than entitled to, whist others struggle on what they are entitled to.

by the way i dont claim benifits so beer and fags comes from my own money not the tax payers

Jaythedon:

I smoke, have an higher than average I Q, work in a management position (I don't scrub) have a lovely clean home & don't consider myself a scrubber. What is the underclass?

I've heard of working class, middle class & even lower class occasionally but never underclass.

Who are you to say underclass?

You are no better than anyone else but they are no better than you.

I ain't religious but "he without sin" think about your skeletons hidden away deep in the cupboard.

Jaythedon:

I smoke, have an higher than average I Q, work in a management position (I don't scrub) have a lovely clean home & don't consider myself a scrubber. .

The only people saying all smokers are scrubbers are people who haven't read the thread. (or even the title of the thread it seems)

The thread is about 'all scrubbers smoke', not 'all smokers are scrubbers'.

Archived