Why do all scrubbers smoke?

The tread may not be worded too tactfully but there is some evidence to prove it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4003969.stm

For anyone that missed it, the link kurlymunky provided ^^^ leads to a news article titled:

"Most smoking deaths in poor areas"

This is truely shocking 43% of deaths of people over the age of 35 in North Liverpool are due to smoking! :o That's not even half the average life expectancy in this country!

Highest proportion of smoking deaths

• North Liverpool 43%
  • Knowsley, Liverpool, 42%
  • Tower Hamlets, London, 42%

More than 1,600 people in England die each week because of smoking, with the greatest number of deaths occurring in the most deprived areas, a study says.

How does that work from an ex smokers point do the gain superiority.
Yes

And what about people who only smoke while they are drinking alcohol just as I thought there is no meaning to it all apart from you make a choice to smoke or not it's of no concern to me if mr bloggs wants an early death leave him in his own corner wreaking of fag smoke and stained teeth and fingers.
I think that is something like I was saying, but the main point I was trying to make is that this isn't a thread criticising smoking, it is criticising "scrubbers" for their behaviour and that they shouldn't smoke amongst other things because they can't afford it. No need for smokers to become paranoid because they aren't under fire (no pun) in this instance.

Is it me or everytime we see and hear about the plight of the underclass they all smoke, drink and have about 50 kids... Surely if money is tight the 1st thing to stop should be smoking and drinking. We all have to play the hand we are dealt, the benefit state we live seem to think it's fault of everyone but themselves....

Ive been know to have a scrub before, but like sm1 said what a generalisation.:|

For anyone that missed it, the link kurlymunky provided ^^^ leads to a news article titled:

"Most smoking deaths in poor areas"

This is truely shocking 43% of deaths of people over the age of 35 in North Liverpool are due to smoking! :o That's not even half the average life expectancy in this country!

And if we say that 50% of smokers are killed by their habit, and smoking accounts for 43% of the deaths of the over-35s in North Liverpool, then from that, we can deduce that 86% of the over-35s in North Liverpool smoke (or at least did so until it was too late). And it is a well-known fact that the most poverty-stricken parts of the country have the highest percentages of smokers and the shortest life expectancies - up to 14 years less than the wealthiest areas.

The government plan is to raise all children out of poverty. However much some families are given in benefits, it won't necessary help their kids - more money - more fags, booze etc. In one job I had I saw the evidence regularly, people on long term benefits, can't afford to put the heating on, the best meal the kids get is their free school dinner, but never mind - mum can afford her fags, and they can have a 36" plasma telly.

Its not about the working classes, the working class had values like supporting their families wherever possible. This is about a different type of person entirely, and I'm convinced the numbers are growing! I've worked for 40 odd years, not always in the best jobs, just to support my family, and it grates like hell that I, and others like me, have to keep people who just don't give a **** in fags and other luxuries.

Ill now make a statment that some people may find offensive, but sit back and think about it before replying.... SCRUBBERS BREED SCRUBBERS...... FACT..

!

how come then my father inlaw who is no longer with us spent more time out of work then in work some due the fact he had tb in the 50s which left him with weak lungs, had 6 kids and all but one have all worked never been out of work for say a few months all got partners that work and all but one bought their own homes. so how come scrubbers [as you like to call them] as you say breed scrubbers

its not a fact

how come then my father inlaw who is no longer with us spent more time out of work then in work some due the fact he had tb in the 50s which left him with weak lungs, had 6 kids and all but one have all worked never been out of work for say a few months all got partners that work and all but one bought their own homes. so how come scrubbers [as you like to call them] as you say breed scrubbers

its not a fact

Being unable to work due to serious illness doesn't make your father-in-law a scrubber. :huh: So why would he breed scrubbers? Or is there something you omitted to tell us?

Archived