Fierce angels, thoughts?...

Matt S

I think Sheffield has enough handbag house crap. Business wise, it is not a bad move, musically a step backwards for DQ.

Normally I'd agree but as you'll know if you went to Hed Kandi before it became what it is now they were just full on parties. Even if some of the music was a bit handbaggy you could still have a great time as everyone was just there to enjoy it and that was due to Mark and his team. If that sort of atmosphere could be built again then I can live with a bit of the music :)

I dont think that Fierce Angel using the same artwork style as Hed Kandi is helping matters. They look practically identical; hand drawn fit birds, the only difference is the backgrounds.

As soon as people see it they just think

"Oh, its hed kandi take 2."

It needs to be fresh and have an image which takes it away from the branding that Hed Kandi has become and then maybe people will be more willing to give it and the music the chance which it rightfully deserves.

fierce angels is basically what hed kandi was about 5 years ago. run with love, care and taste. although you are right stormy. the truth will out, FA releases are pretty much essential HK is sadly as corporate as it gets.

does anybody think that MoS has any credibility?

does anybody think that MoS has any credibility?

Nope, they're ruined something the once pioneered. I have an old MoS Late Night Sessions mix CD by Farley & Heller and it's ****** amazing, I still love it, but they can shove their "This is Electro Mash-up Funky House vol XXII the return" up their very rich ar$es thank you very much. :rant:

Well lets say we were a little gutted too !

Thought we had a prime location for our new little night ...but it seems to have gone away which is a shame as I wanted to get back to my favourite city.

We're in talks with some other venues ...but we want our return to sheffield to be the right thing. I completely understand the decision not to work with us ... Lets face it who wants a 37 year old freak bouncing around playing big party house when you are trying to be cool !

Fierce Angel is first and foremost about putting on a great night with all of the big super brand rubbish stripped away. We're also faced with alot of local politics about where we can and can't work which have been enforced by our old friends at that old record label we used to work at !

have no fear we will find a home and we will be back... I love sheffield far too much to not have a party there !

Mark

personnaly speak with the people at SSSHHHHH you'd have an amazin night there, the nights there have been some of the best nihgts n sheffield for a long time.. club sshhhhh is new ish underground and completly differnt to the city centre venues. who wants late bars when you can ave a club finishing at 2.00pm in the afternoon!!

come back home

Archived