Sheffields Current Kickboxing Scene

RE: sparring is sparring and fighting is fighting.end of!

If you can't give a good account of yourself sparring, then you've nothing to offer full contact fighting. end of! end of!

Daz and Si have been training for 25 years, they've been there and got the

T-shirt. They've been in tournaments all over the country, and won more medals and trophies than Man Utd, Arsenal and Rangers put together. Their Martial Arts is now focused on instructing, they both have families with full time jobs and still find time to hold five classes a week. True dedication. They don't need to do fight nights, they've nothing left to prove.

As for BUMAC, that's their once a year blow out in their busy schedule where they can dust off the cobwebs and introduce members of Marsdens to the MAT.

I not having a go at you Farad, I think you're alright, but i'm sticking up for my instructor and friend who I think has been bad mouthed on this forum!

If you can't give a good account of yourself sparring, then you've nothing to offer full contact fighting. end of! end of!

T-shirt. They've been in tournaments all over the country, and won more medals and trophies than Man Utd, Arsenal and Rangers put together. Their Martial Arts is now focused on instructing, they both have families with full time jobs and still find time to hold five classes a week. True dedication. They don't need to do fight nights, they've nothing left to prove.

As for BUMAC, that's their once a year blow out in their busy schedule where they can dust off the cobwebs and introduce members of Marsdens to the MAT.

I not having a go at you Farad, I think you're alright, but i'm sticking up for my instructor and friend who I think has been bad mouthed on this forum!

There you go youve gone and contradicted yourself again :P

LOL

Now you you say that

1. Im badmouthing Daz

= Load of crap. Daz lost to Lewis Stokes FACT ,

If the fight were to take place in the ring under full contact or K-1 style rules, the result would be same in my opinion.

Now this is about sheffields kickboxing scene. Daz fights on the scene and his wins and losses have been detailed here as they have happened.

Now i personally think that with my knowledge of the scene , of the rules and of reffing/judging and promoting im a little more qualified than you (whoever you are but your ill informed and misjudged statements dont do you any favours :P) on where the fighters stand.

2. You make it seem as if "Daz always gets the better of me in sparring" ok if thats your opinion, not forgetting that hes your instructor so you are obviously biased :hihi:

Also shows your lack of understanding of the sport.

When me and Daz spar we always spar at a relaxed pace and spar for the development of each others skills we dont compete against each other for your information .

LOL

Remind me not to let you do any officialing as you clearly dont understand the sport and belong in karate not kickboxing. Hence why you mention how they have won more medals and trophies than ManU , Arsenal and Rangers put together. Referring to Karate perhaps?

3. Now that you think youre equipped to badmouth ME, then why not do it without hiding behind some unknown name. While youre at it, what are YOUR credentials in KICKBOXING (not karate) ?

4. You want to carry on bickering , (which is what you enjoy doing) this forum wont tolerate bickering.

Get onto this forum

http://www.sheffieldkickboxingclub.com

You can bicker all you want there, while youre at it lets have your name (REAL one please) weight and experience so that I can match you up for February the 16th too.

I asked to fight in last September's fight night, but you couldn't match me up to anyone of my weight and experience!

I HIDE BEHIND NOBODY!

I'm not badmouthing you or bickering, the last sentence in my last post states my purpose on this forum. You've said your opinion and I've said mine. As for the rest of it - LMFAO.

There will be no more replies from me, nothing else to say

Peace out man!!!!!

I asked to fight in last September's fight night, but you couldn't match me up to anyone of my weight and experience!

I HIDE BEHIND NOBODY!

I'm not badmouthing you or bickering, the last sentence in my last post states my purpose on this forum. You've said your opinion and I've said mine. As for the rest of it - LMFAO.

There will be no more replies from me, nothing else to say

Peace out man!!!!!

Yes I know who you are, I would have loved to match you up with one of our middleweights but I was told that you werent ready or wasnt "up for it" .

If you are a real warrior (as opposed to a keyboard one) then the offer still stands.

• 4 years later...

I was going to make a new thread but came across this one.

Sheffields current kickboxing scene

Well done to whoever promoted the kickboxing show last sunday at the Octagon centre

it was a cracking event with some great fights on, i went to support one of the MMA lads (who won by the way) but was very impressed with the kickboxing fights..

The MC mentioned about another show on the 3rd april at the same venue so cant wait for that.

The MC mentioned all the Sheffield clubs that had supported the event in one way or another and its good to see so many kickboxing clubs working together.

These guys that promote shows like this at such prestigious venues are doing wonders for the reputation of Sheffield as a kickboxing / thaiboxing city.

Any way I wanted to say well done lads keep up the good work !!

Well done to whoever promoted the kickboxing show last sunday at the Octagon centre

it was a cracking event with some great fights on, i went to support one of the MMA lads (who won by the way) but was very impressed with the kickboxing fights..

The MC mentioned about another show on the 3rd april at the same venue so cant wait for that.

The MC mentioned all the Sheffield clubs that had supported the event in one way or another and its good to see so many kickboxing clubs working together.

These guys that promote shows like this at such prestigious venues are doing wonders for the reputation of Sheffield as a kickboxing / thaiboxing city.

Wasnt this the same show where all kinds of crap were fighting for some sort of "british title" :confused: . The MMA fight was the one where someone got disqualified for a football kick on the floor? The lads who came to support the doorman who was fighting thought the kickboxing on the show was awful.

Wasnt this the same show where all kinds of crap were fighting for some sort of "british title" :confused: . The MMA fight was the one where someone got disqualified for a football kick on the floor? The lads who came to support the doorman who was fighting thought the kickboxing on the show was awful.

Can't of been then, the show I went to was pretty good.

Talking about Sheffield's Kickboxing scene , its all about the AFK SUPERLEAGUE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vamk9xOmaUQ

See the highlight reel for yourself then judge ;)

Most of Sheffield's better kickboxers will fight in the SUPERLEAGUE.

It makes sense that a fighter who truly is SUPERLEAGUE chooses to fight in the SUPERLEAGUE

I used to train with Si Daz and wayne years ago Just as they were changing from Traditional Yosikan karate to a kickboxing club. Si and Daz are great guys who have taught me a lot.

I haven't done stand up for a while but Im glad to see Marsdens all Style still going strong. There are a lot of martial artists I know in Sheffield that are v good at various martial arts but dont compete. I find it unfair to Judge peoples ability from what is seen in the ring.

How you train is a better indication in my eyes.

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

LOL at Spider66's hidden agenda. Youre so see through you are virtually transparent.

Archived