Who's the best BJJ team in Sheffield/area?

from Troy Hark above.

?

I think most Martial Artists would struggle to cope with someone armed with a weapon, a knive.

Its unrealistic to say they would do worse, than someone who has trained weapons. For a start most of the training is sparring/rolling and so they have a good idea of which techniques work against someone fighting back.

Think I put my foot in it with my comment a couple of days back. I seem to have started the Sheffield Forum equivalent of World War3.

Didn't realise it would lead to this

after reading this thread i would be more concerned with you all trying to attack me with your handbags than a weapon!

unless of course you class a handbag as a weapon in which case maybe someone should come up with defences against that.

Stop flaming fingercuffs. He claims to have been in these situations and he's walking around alive so i'll go with his plan. How many of you who train knife defence have actually used one?

I train and coach and love bjj. However, i wouldn't use my guard in a street fight. Go figure.

LOL at want2learn. You are a legend mate.

Stop flaming fingercuffs. He claims to have been in these situations and he's walking around alive so i'll go with his plan. How many of you who train knife defence have actually used one?

I think you'll find nobody is arguing against running away or trying to talk your way out of a bad situation. Fingercuffs just seems a bit confused about things.

I've seen a few people sliced in gradings/training when they screwed up a knife defence, though personally I'd never risk testing that skill if I can help it. But, if it came to it, I would stand a better chance than if I hadn't trained. Not sure why people have an issue with that simple concept. It's the basis of all MA training. Esp those who admit to knowing nothing about this particular subject.

BTW quote from fingercuffs - 'I am not trying to catch anyone out here, i am genuinely interested and i have never encountered this kind of stuff'

Archived