Who's the best BJJ team in Sheffield/area?

I think Cyclone you'll find that I responded to a post by Troyhark that a BJJ practitioner would not be as good defending himself against knife attacks as practitioners of other arts. I do admit raising (as I was reading Renzo Gracie at the time) whether the claims of arts to defend themselves against knives were realistic. I stand by my view that in my experience (both life and training) I have never come across a knife defence I that I think would work. I don't think that means I am belittling any art; or do we just accept all claims made no matter how outlandish? I am prepared to change my view and I'm looking forward to attending to Lotar's club to see what they do. Noel Irwin, Victoria Hall Methodist Church, Norfolk Street, S1 2JB (not hiding behind a nickname)

you speak to deaf ears, you are also STILL on the wrong thread. The point is, and always will be, that this was a bjj thread.

Had i offered an opinion on a thread about weapons, then perhaps i would be prepared to listen to your opinion. But seeing as you and your cronies hi-jacked a thread for your own purposes, i will treat it with the contempt it deserves.

If you want a sensible discussion about weapons, i suggest you start a separate thread.

I think if one wanted a sensible discusion you wouldn't be invited!:P

Most of the 'difficulties and misunderstandings' with this thread are to do with your inability to read/think/reason.

The 'Deaf ears' comment about yourself is spot on, first accurate thing you've come out with.

Rather than talk you through how to start your own thread i have taken the liberty of creating one for you. You and soft bob or whatever cyclone's real name is, can go and stroke your weapons together.

The point is this is a BJJ thread but you seem determined to hi-jack it. The weapons thing started as a tangent. At that point i was mildly interested. I asked a couple of questions out of genuine curiosity. People started getting all precious about it. At the end of the day i will not loose any sleep over it, but you guys seem pretty annoyed if you and your toys get ignored.

One thing i find amusing though, and i have touched on this before, is that if something is genuinely that great surely it should stand up to a bit of questioning? Should i JUST take your word for it. Would i be a sensible human being if i beleived everything everyone told me?

We are talking survival insitincts are we not? preparation for the dangerous outdoors. I like to think of myself as pretty savvy and that i can make my own decisions and this skill equips me and helps me stay away from the bad men that you are playing with your toys to prepare for.

Yet when i question your practises, rather than answer the queries or tackle the debate, you get all defensive and start to cry and whinge about it.

I like to think of myself as pretty savvy
Well you certainly do not seem it. Anything but. Rather :loopy: in fact.

Yet when i question your practises, rather than answer the queries or tackle the debate, you get all defensive and start to cry and whinge about it.
Err no, things were carefully and rationally explained, but you ignore every other word and spout nonsense in response. If you were to read what was actually posted, instead of what you thought was posted, it would make communication much easier.

Incidentally, if you said you didn't like BJJ i wouldn't care either. I would accept it as your choice.

I dont really care that you play with your toy knives. I just think you're wasting your time.

The impression you give out, is that you wouldn't bother learning German if you were going there for a few months, as seeing as there is no way you could learn 100% of German in that time, then there is no point in learning any. You have a closed minded, defeatist attitude and quite remarkably, you know without ever having tried something, as to it's efficacy.

BTW - the Language example is an analogy [go look it up] and not to be taken literally.

And if you were to learn some English, you also see that real knives were mentioned several times as being used in training.

"It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it hath it not."

Well done, keep up the good work.

So, carefully and rationally explained..? On the wrong thread nonethelesss.

I have (as i have said previously) created a thread for you. Feel free to use it. I suspect that you wont. Your feeling for me wont allow you to. You love me like you loved your ex (soft bob). Even though we have only known each other for a short while, you find me irresistable.

As for communication. Well, the written word is a basic for of communication. Comprehension is an important part of this written form of communication. FYI the title of this thread is BJJ.

Unless you wish to contribute anything regarding BJJ, i would suggest that the information you wish to share is somewhat irrelevant.

The impression you give out, is that you wouldn't bother learning German if you were going there for a few months, as seeing as there is no way you could learn 100% of German in that time, then there is no point in learning any. You have a closed minded, defeatist attitude and quite remarkably, you know without ever having tried something, as to it's efficacy.

BTW - the Language example is an analogy [go look it up] and not to be taken literally.

And if you were to learn some English, you also see that real knives were mentioned several times as being used in training.

"It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it hath it not."

Again, straying from the point. This thread is no more about german, than it is about the knives you brought up or the suicide bombers you brought up. I suppose those were all also analogies. Yet you are the person talking about being rational.

It is quite interesting that you keep making assumptions about me on several levels. You now assume that i only speak English. Do you know my heritage? Do you know if i am even English?

Don't judge me by your own mediocre standards

Archived