Who's the best BJJ team in Sheffield/area?

I've met Paul briefly, real nice guy:thumbsup:

But doesn't he represent on of the Donny Teams?? Seet to remenber seeing him fight in Donny. He had The two Neils in his corner and Ben Popps, nobody from any Sheffield club.

I understand he does some coachin at RGN, so can Gracie Barra say Ben who teachs at Sheffield every monday??

PS cagn4y "which is where i'd advice anyone to go if they want to up their game on a regular basis..."

Or u can save urself a trip and train with the black belt fron Donny at GB Sheffield for a fiver!!

This is defiantly going to turn into my Dads bigger than your Dad so I suggest going no further with this one or I can see people calling people out on others behalf!!!

Now just for fun if this was the case.......

Having rolled with most of them and seen them in various competitions, my money would be on either BJJMAN, TrueBJJ or Mr Cuffs.

This was taken into consideration tonight where they were all in the same room, inc BarraGergus and not to dwell on it or anything but I just walked through them all you should have seen me it was fantastic you know hot knife through butter stuff, I thought we were watching a Fred Astaire move coz the was tap tap tappin all over the place:hihi:

Now just watch the excusses come flooding it:thumbsup:

i was tired...... and fat and lazy and you cheated and i blame my instructor for not teachin me proper....

i think the ranking was

1)TrueBJJ

2)Fingercuffs

3)the mighty barra gergus

4)LIL WEE MAN "but your all bigger than me" BJJ MAN

so there ita all sorted now who is the best lookin BJJ Fighter in Sheffield?

come on do your worst

I've met Paul briefly, real nice guy:thumbsup:

But doesn't he represent on of the Donny Teams?? Seet to remenber seeing him fight in Donny. He had The two Neils in his corner and Ben Popps, nobody from any Sheffield club.

I understand he does some coachin at RGN, so can Gracie Barra say Ben who teachs at Sheffield every monday??

PS cagn4y "which is where i'd advice anyone to go if they want to up their game on a regular basis..."

Or u can save urself a trip and train with the black belt fron Donny at GB Sheffield for a fiver!!

used to be in donny, don't think he is anymore...

not just the blackbelt instructor, it's the overall quality of the class, so unless everyone from donny travelled down...

It seems apparent that despite earlier protestations, most of the people who post on this forum are members of GB Sheffield or freinds of, as most of you all seem to know each other, so there's so much club bias and lack of objectivity that it's really not worth listening to most of you, and quite frankly, it makes GB SHeffield appear underhand and untrustworthy. i won't be able to train at the Royce club, so it looks like i'll be travelling further afield for BJJ, cos i definitely wouldn't train with GB Sheffield having seen there antics on here (or is it mostly there 'friends'? either way, you might get more on the mat if you packed it in - you all obviously think it makes you look like a good club, but the tribalism and bias makes you seem ridiculous and unwelcoming)- funny how people seem so different at seminars and comps....

used to be in donny, don't think he is anymore...

not just the blackbelt instructor, it's the overall quality of the class, so unless everyone from donny travelled down...

It seems apparent that despite earlier protestations, most of the people who post on this forum are members of GB Sheffield or freinds of, as most of you all seem to know each other, so there's so much club bias and lack of objectivity that it's really not worth listening to most of you, and quite frankly, it makes GB SHeffield appear underhand and untrustworthy. i won't be able to train at the Royce club, so it looks like i'll be travelling further afield for BJJ, cos i definitely wouldn't train with GB Sheffield having seen there antics on here (or is it mostly there 'friends'? either way, you might get more on the mat if you packed it in - you all obviously think it makes you look like a good club, but the tribalism and bias makes you seem ridiculous and unwelcoming)- funny how people seem so different at seminars and comps....

Snooze-tastic there my friend.

Basically, what you should do is ... Understand the fact that this is the internet and people will enjoy ribbing each other. But sometimes it is nice to go out into the real world. I think you'll find that if you go on any other forum on the internet you will see banter happening as it breaks up a dull day at work to have a little fun on t'internet. Dont take it all so personally. I think you will find that most people are pretty decent in real life. Check out this thread for instance, i got offered a free holiday. How cool is that?!

Although, i am still waiting on my free tickets to iraq...:(

to start this off this is not an excuse. I just need to straighten things up.

I was too busy fighting your germs to worry about you John, you caught me while i was triangling your infection.

I swept Greg in sparring (2-0 Paul)

I swept Adam a few times but can't remember if i tapped him (its not important though. I won)

I came slightly unstuck with John but he is bigger than me and as i say i was worried about getting too close.

If the Paul you are all referring to is me then who are you carnage?? Where did we meet mate? Barracuda, i am taller than my dad therefore everyone else is. He was hiding behind a leprechaun (sp?) when he was brought over from Ireland.

However i must get being hung like a horse from somewhere so what we lack in height we obviously gain in other places. ;) Heck, where would you rather have the extra inches???

Pound for pound (which is what the question was) I AM THE BEST!!!! hahaha

Ps I have trained in Donny but would never say i was part of a club there.

I am Gracie Barra Sheffield/Birmingham and, frankly, am better for it.

Flame away!!!

I don't think any of us have said anything all that tribal

I've probably been one of the more outspoken and have essentially said that both clubs are very good, although I have ventured an opinion, which I stand by, that the technical standard is probably better at Gracie Barra. It's quite possible that the fitness training, for example, is better at the Royce Gracie club (the people I've known from this club have been very fit, although then again they cross-trained and were active fighters so would have to be).

Wouldn't want to give the wrong impression of Gracie Barra as with all other considerations out of the window, it's in the top 3 friendliest training environments of all the clubs I've known (which is quite a lot of clubs).

Archived