What happened to the Duke of Darnall

The Duke of Darnall I'm interested in was not a walking dummy but a real live man. What eventually happend to him?

Don't know what happened to him but used to have good laugh when he was directing the trams on High St, Flat St and Fitzalan Square

Don't know what happened to him but used to have good laugh when he was directing the trams on High St, Flat St and Fitzalan Square

Yes,I too remember him walking round the Moor. He was a well known character in the 30's dressed like a toff,wearing spats and carrying a silver top walking stick. He would doff his hat to all the ladies,and made everyone smile. He was regarded as a bit "Dulally"but harmless.

Yes,I too remember him walking round the Moor. He was a well known character in the 30's dressed like a toff,wearing spats and carrying a silver top walking stick. He would doff his hat to all the ladies,and made everyone smile. He was regarded as a bit "Dulally"but harmless.

Did he actually live at Darnall ? The reason Im asking is because he always seemed to be walking passed T.W.Wards when I worked in the offices there.

Archived