Stuff for kids to do

10 Pin Bowling - At Firth Park they block the 'gutters' and have 'ramps' for the kids to roll the ball down.

A full tour on Supertram with a Big Mac treat at Meadowhall.

A car trip and walk around the Rivelin Valley and Loxley Valley Nature Trails and Bradfield Dams.

The Five Weirs Walk and muck about near the canal.

The Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet.

The Museum of Fire and Police.

A car trip to Castleton.

The Magna Science Adventure Centre.

Heeley City Farm.

Just For Kids.

Sheffield Bus Museum.

The Tropical Butterfly House

Chatsworth Adventure Playground and Farmyard.

Centertainment - cinema, bowling, kiddy restaurants

Meadowhall - so they can spend your money

Forge Dam - nice walk and a big slide that I used to enjoy as a kid

PS. With there being such a big age gap you might find it tricky - the 11 year old will probably want shops and films whereas the 4 and 5 year olds will want slides and swings. Keeping everyone happy all of the time will probably not be possible. Boredom will probably kick in, by which time you might seriously reconsider my playing in the traffic suggestion.

Originally posted by Yorkie

Chatsworth Adventure Playground and Farmyard.

THIS IS WHERE YOU SHOULD TAKE THEM. It's amazing!

Costs a bit, but great great fun! underground tunnels and huge big things and poles and t-bars and an archimedes screw and loads of big wooden climby things with fishermans net ladders and huge slides and - aaah, memories :DTHIS IS WHERE YOU SHOULD TAKE THEM. It's amazing!

You could always try the park at Millhouses as well.. Granted the Lido and the Paddling Pools are shut due to vandalism but there's still a decent sized adventure playground and a couple of other bits to play on.

defo take em to the butterfly park, there are two little monkeysd, the cutest things you ever saw, and they let you feed them mini marshmallows, sooooooo cute and great for all ages, adults included. they also get the snakes out and stuff so you can hold em if you wish, and there are little terrapins and stuff too. nice drive and will kepp you occupied for a couple of hours.

:)

mimi

x

Graves Park is a good day out and its free!!!

Theres the farm so everyone can go ahh! at the fluffy animals and stroke them and stuff. Free parking!

Loads of walking to do with animals on the way, a kids playground including sandpit and a cafe with the necessary toilet facilities, and the lake.

I took my kids with a packed lunch and all I spent was ice cream money.

:D

Great posts, thanks (apart from the obvious). Keep them coming! I never knew there was so much out there - Magna, Butterflies, Canon Hall and Chatsworth look great bets.

Has anyone been to the kids museum in Halifax (Eureka?) - I know it's a bit of a drive but would it be worth it?

Archived