Pizza wanted for me!!

komal

i ve heard some excellent reports on the pizzas from a tiny shop next to the piccolo cafe on london road. if you didn't know it was there you would miss it! proper italian- thin bases, proper cheese, italian vegetables- no american style ****e, -he'll tell you where to get off if you 're crazy enough to want pineapple on yer pizza!?! yuck,:gag: ha ha

what exactly is american style ****e?

deep pan, thick dohy base, processed cheese (rather than mozzerela/ parmesan) usually fatty peperoni style sausage meat that melts and drenches the base in fat. very unhealthy.

original italian pizza's tend to have light thin bases, a light sprinkling of proper cheese, and have fresh medeteranian veg. possibly sea food or a lean meat topping. much nicer and better for you.

:thumbsup:

well thats dominoes and pizza hut style pizzas. and also what is referred to chicago style. youve got NY pizza (and trust me its NOTHING like pizza hut calls a NY Style, sure its huge but thats about it) which is also known as neopolitan style

most decent places in the states only use fresh dough, thin base, fresh paramsean, romano and mozzerella with fresh veggies and sauces. the closest ive found to half way decent pizza in the UK has been BRB Bar on west street and pizza express.

well thats dominoes and pizza hut style pizzas. and also what is referred to chicago style. youve got NY pizza (and trust me its NOTHING like pizza hut calls a NY Style, sure its huge but thats about it) which is also known as neopolitan style

most decent places in the states only use fresh dough, thin base, fresh paramsean, romano and mozzerella with fresh veggies and sauces. the closest ive found to half way decent pizza in the UK has been BRB Bar on west street and pizza express.

i'm with you here kerri,

i do mean what WE get sold to us as american style pizza, sorry for any confusion.

BRB do good pizza, this is the style in which the italian guy next to piccolo does it. i think they re only about £3 or £4, bloody good value! i'm not sure if he delivers tho.

Archived