Rutland Arms Closing? (Nope, it's reopened!)

pontious

I happened to be in during the latter half of the evening as I'm attending a theatre course every Wednesday atm, and it was a brilliant night! The staff were handing out pork sandwiches with crackling which was divine.

Thanks, it was a great night and we all enjoyed working it as well. I believe the pork sandwiches are one of the chef's planned additions for the December menu.

Also thanks too everyone who came and tried the real cider - we will be keeping one a week on. This week Naish Farmhouse Dry (6%) from Somerset.

great thread this - i work in the hallam building next door to the pub, and as a new resident of Sheffield, i know virtually nobody, and nothing of the area.

i love reading the history of this pub, and will be along shortly to check it out, as i love my real ales, and like others, make all my own bread, so the rutland sounds like Valhalla. so if you see a bespectacled stubble covered arty type looking lonely at the bar, with a soft southern accent, that'll be me!

...Just a quickie, folks!

the Launch Meeting of the GALA Sheffield Gay Arts festival is on TONIGHT, from 7pm in the upstairs room at the Rutland; any artists among you, gay, lesbian or even straight, who want to get involved in this arts festival in May 2010, do come along!!!

See: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=520804&highlight=GALA+Arts+Festival

Crickey! Not been around this forum for yonks and it's really good to see a thread I started THREE years ago is still going and had a brilliant outcome!! Will be down the Rutland very soon to try the food and ale.....cant wait!!:clap::banana:

great thread this - i work in the hallam building next door to the pub, and as a new resident of Sheffield, i know virtually nobody, and nothing of the area.

i love reading the history of this pub, and will be along shortly to check it out, as i love my real ales, and like others, make all my own bread, so the rutland sounds like Valhalla. so if you see a bespectacled stubble covered arty type looking lonely at the bar, with a soft southern accent, that'll be me!

Moke, I work at SHU as well. I envy you having the Rutty next door. I'm right down in the Oneleven building now! Tsk!

Just a quickie to let you know the Thursday Quiz (Thursday from 9pm) is back this week. Sorry about last week - DocFest prevented it but back to normal this week. Hope to see you all down here, trying to win some beer.

Anyone been to the quiz? Few of us from work thought we should go and check it out (well I am going for the ale really - have heard good things). Also what time do you need to get there to get a table?

Anyone been to the quiz? Few of us from work thought we should go and check it out (well I am going for the ale really - have heard good things). Also what time do you need to get there to get a table?

Reallly - no-one been? Is that good or bad? At least I should have a better chance of winning then.

• 2 weeks later...

It our X-mas party tonight from seven. Mulled wine and mince pies, cheesy Chrimbo music and we will turn the xmas lights on (don't get too excited, it reall is just a few round the tree and bar).

We are also doing a pub secret santa - so if you want to bring a small pressie to put under the tree please do, then take a different one home with you.

Hope to see some of you down there later

Andy

Archived