Mathers Black Beer, Ginger Wine and Egg Flip - Happy Christmas!

Indeed. There should be another few threads on it (Mathers black beer). I've wrote a few over the years, I don't know why they have been deleted?

Or perhaps they have been moved to an archive? Is there anyway of finding them?

I'm sorry, but I have no answer for you on that because I can't find any other threads anywhere, apart from a mention of it in a History & Expats thread as being a cure for something. All of our threads right back to 2003 would come up on a search if they're still around on the server.

All I can think is that there was a reason why they were removed (can't tell you what though) and it's been long enough that they were hard deleted from the server.

Sorry.

Having just checked the above link on my laptop I can now see that the product is not available. On my phone it gave me the option to buy it weirdly.

But you can brew something similar yourself. I still have 6 litres left as it is an occasional drink because of the strong taste and mine is only around 7.5%.

This is what I brewed;

http://www.home-brew-online.com/beer-kits-c1/muntons-hand-crafted-old-conkerwood-black-ale-kit-p109

I added some black treacle and cut it down to 20 litres.