Supporting the pigs

Waffer

Whistling, you mean SQUEALING :hihi:

this from canadablade, made me think

I have got to raise this point. some one has brought a book out about Sheffield United, backed by (shaun) the (sean bean).

Now one of the questions was who was the first to be called the pigs and why. the answer was "i dont know but we was called the pigs (united) because our shirts being red ane white looked like rashers of bacon running round th pitch." which is close enough, he gave a very vague notion of why Wednesday was called the pigs, but didnt know why for sure... neither do i for sure, but i do have a notion, which was not the answer he gave.

Bacon is red and white, so why is Wednesday (Blue and White) called the pigs.

because hillsborough (if you check on old maps) is built on a pigsty - historical fact.

So hense- the piggie wednesday!!!

Well if we are going to talk facts, theres a couple or three that go against that, ....but never mind that for now.

because hillsborough (if you check on old maps) is built on a pigsty - historical fact.

Ohh that old chesnut. Another myth is that no-one has seen proof (I wonder why)

I don't think there are any 'facts' either way, but the Blunts shirts resemble bacon streaks - which in my eyes, makes them the grunters.

A more interesting question, for several reasons, would be to ask why people think calling other people pigs is even an insult. Pigs are noble creatures. The farmers who leave them to stew in piles of their own filth clearly aren't, but why do we blame the pig?

I thought canadablade was going to show us something then.....but no just the same old C*@p........

Geezus what do you want from me ?

I did make you think :D

And still waiting for your FACTS you talked about earlier in this thread :o

Come on Waffer, I am sure they are good :thumbsup:

Well seeing as the above seems to be the whole proof

Yes canadablade here goes.

There was never any pig farms in Owlerton.......FACT

There.....and you cant get more conclusive than that.

Archived