Supporting the pigs

Waffer

My idea of the perfect football season is United nicking the title from Wednesday by a point on the last day; I'd hope that yours is the same scenario on reverse.

Definately! Like you say if one team were in the prem, the other in the conference they'd be no rivalry. I maintain that if we managed to sneak promotion i'd want you to say up.

Absolutely.

But when I hear words like "hate" bandied about, it just puzzles me:confused: A lot of my friends support the blades, good friends-should I hate them because they support the 'wrong' team?

Thats true - Only really really sad people genuinely 'hate' their football rivals.

I heard of a few cases where Wednesday / United fans refuse to go to Sheffield derbies because they 'hate' the other that much! WTF is that all about.

One thing that has always made me laugh is at the derbies.

One minute....on the phone to friends / family "I'm waving can you see me?"

Next minute......"Piggy $£"^**%!!"

Then the same at half time

:D

One thing that has always made me laugh is at the derbies.

One minute....on the phone to friends / family "I'm waving can you see me?"

Next minute......"Piggy $£"^**%!!"

Then the same at half time

:D

so what you are saying is

one minute..wednesdayite on phone to friends/family.

Next minute Blades score :D "piggy %(*&$&)_)% :hihi: :hihi:

• 2 months later...

Ive posted this once but it just seems in a poor thread.

Well i have got maps of Hillsborough from 1850 and 1902, there are no buildings on the land where the Wednesday ground is whatsoever, and in 1850 the land from the point of leppings lane to Broughton lane including all Hillsborough Park belonged to James Dixon a silver smith.

James Dixon sold the park to the corporation soon after when Sheffield expanded the city boundaries for what was said to be a quite considerable amount, And around 1898/9 sold 10 acres of land to The Wednesday for £10,000, said to be “meadow land covered in dandelions”.

Herries road did not exist that is marked as a footpath. Opposite what would be the ground where the fair is, that is marked as “new dam”, and at the side of that Wardsend steel works.

Hillsborough is a very industrial area full of Foundries, Steelmaking, Brickyards, but no Farms at all, the nearest seems to be up Wadsley lane and Longley.

In 1850 from the river to the point of Leppings lane and Penistone road there is 2 buildings on one half acre plot, about where the shop is now and that is marked pump,

In 1850 the bridge at Leppings Lane is not there it is just marked stepping stones, but in 1902 the bridge is built.

Archived