Advice please on prams/beds for Newborn and 2yr old

NatalieSheff

thanks for all the advice guys! ive got a sling but im not the strongest person so that gets heavy! i saw a lady in m'hall the other day who had a double pram which was italian or something-the babies sat in front of one another in either car seat things or chairs looked so cool and light and thin-gonna check out babyworld in barnsley and parkgate she said

think ur right about the changing rooms thing-gonna pop mo in big boy room with big boy bed (i can use mamas&papas wallpaper i bought at £18blooming pounds each and never used!) and pop baby in his room (yellow and giraffes so unisex-just in case!)

I have the Urban Detour twin which is comfy and roomy for both but fairly heavy - I love it. Mamas and Papas twin aria smaller and compact but not as easy to maneovre.

Have a look at the Phil and Teds - they are expensive but have great reviews for two of different ages.

I'm not too keen on the tandems they seem really difficult to steer!

As for bedrooms - I put my oldest (2 year old) into a big bed in her new room before the baby arrived (so it wasn't like I was kicking her out of the cot!) and made it seem like she was getting a lovely new room and treat etc and then when the baby came, he was in is moses basket in our room for all of two minutes before we decided to put him in his own room in his cot (as he snored too much!).

However, I wouldn't worry about it too much - people get so stressed about having to get everything ready and perfect and at the end of the day, when the baby comes, you will know what's best and what suits you all and you can adapt things then.

• 1 year later...

My friend has 2 young kids, she had a mothercare tandem which was an absolute nightmare to get moving. You needed arms like popeye........

Then she was given a phil and teds, both kids adore it and she can push it one handed and is impressed because she no longer gets out of breath !!

Seriously, I tried pushing both and the P&T is much much better to push. Make sure you go and have a good luck at them all though because a pram is a very personal choice.

Archived