What bars accept Visa (without the pin!)

aizle

Hey!

I got a credit card (Visa) thru the post the other day but im currently awaiting my pin to be sent.. I know that I can use my cards in some bars (i.e. Weatherspoons) but im unsure on what other pubs/clubs will take it. (I have driving licence etc to prove its my card!)

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks,

Chris

the other day should be today by now!!! use another card then or withdraw from your bank.

Technically it would be worthwhile to purchase everything on credit cards and then just pay the balance off in full each month, thereby leaving the money in your bank account to earn interest for you for a month or so. :thumbsup:

Don't know how much interest you'd actually earn though! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

credit cards aren't really the ideal tool to pay for booze.....if you can afford to pay it off for a purchase like that, you can afford to pay for it in cash.

Ade

Well, it is easy for ya general thief outside a club or a pickpocket working in a club to nick a wallet with cash in it, specially if they see you at the bar with lots of cash.

If you just have your card and a very very small amount of cash say to get a taxi home, then your less of a target to most pick pockets.

Also,

If you can pay off your card each month, and you have one of those cards that you get cashback on for using it, or get points and things, by using it and paying it off in full you get charged no interest at end of month but get all the benefits.

Plus with the new card machines now it is so quick to pay by card, dont see the problem.

At asda it takes 30 seconds to put ya card in the reader, put your pin in, and be autherised and get ya receipt... It takes longer than a minute usually for the person behind the bar to take your money, work out the change, then come back and give it to you.

(Obviously if the bar person knows what they are doing of course).

The other thing about using your card and paying it off all the time is that it builds up your credit rating for other cards at much better interest rates, so it worth using it you can be responsible with it.

Miss Kai XxX

Technically it would be worthwhile to purchase everything on credit cards and then just pay the balance off in full each month, thereby leaving the money in your bank account to earn interest for you for a month or so. :thumbsup:

Don't know how much interest you'd actually earn though! :rolleyes:

It's also worth doing if your credit card gives cashback/airmiles/Tesco points etc. Put all your spending on the card to get maximum benefit.

I wouldn't do it in a pub though, unless I was buying a really big round. Or maybe having a meal.

Archived