Story: 'Decisions, Decisions.'

chloelouise

Hi everyone,

managed to get on a keyboard that works!

Thanks for your comments, I haven't written anything for so long I thought a short one would get me in the mood.

I think it probably works best re-read as pattricia says.

I think I will work on another short one over xmas and build up in new year!

Thanks again for reading,

Chloe

Hi Chloelouise,

I liked this story very much, the first three paragraphs were fine, however the story would flow better if they were broken into smaller, more manageable sentences.

The only thing I would have altered is this paragraph.

I close my eyes. And then it stops ringing. But someone has answered it! I slowly open my eyes and see a familiar man. He looks happier than he has in years. I heard he had a bad time a few years ago but he looks great now. Maybe I will ask him how to feel better? How to make life decisions?

(The bold text is an unanswered question, a loose end.)

To something like this:

I closed my eyes.....

IT STOPPED RINGING!

A mans concerned voice says “Yes, I understand” and the receiver is carefully replaced. Had I blown it? Should I have answered the phone instead?

When I open my eyes I realise the man I am looking at grew up with me, our relationship stretched right back to my childhood years when he kept me company on my lonely Saturday mornings, he is a trusted familiar friend.

But ironically, we’d only met for the first time just three short weeks ago.

“Ask me the question please” I begged of him.

“Julie….”

And I’ll stop there, for obvious reasons.

Hi Chloelouise,

I liked this story very much, the first three paragraphs were fine, however the story would flow better if they were broken into smaller, more manageable sentences.

The only thing I would have altered is this paragraph.

(The bold text is an unanswered question, a loose end.)

To something like this:

I closed my eyes.....

IT STOPPED RINGING!

A mans concerned voice says “Yes, I understand” and the receiver is carefully replaced. Had I blown it? Should I have answered the phone instead?

When I open my eyes I realise the man I am looking at grew up with me, our relationship stretched right back to my childhood years when he kept me company on my lonely Saturday mornings, he is a trusted familiar friend.

But ironically, we’d only met for the first time just three short weeks ago.

“Ask me the question please” I begged of him.

“Julie….”

And I’ll stop there, for obvious reasons.

Oh, innit nice when there clever like Mantaspook. !! :D

Archived