Men in shorts

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...

Just thought I'd resurrect this old thread as the "fashion" continues to grow for men of all ages

I'm not criticising anyone who has the confidence to venture out in shorts in the hot weather.

Still not so keen on the socks and clumpy trainer accessories or the baggy mid thigh versions flapping in the breeze.

Spindly varicose veined elderly legs would in my opinion be better covered up as would enormous flabby legs propping men of any age.

I really do think that you need a bit of an athletic build to wear shorts.......and no I haven't worn any for years other than for messing about in the sea.

I've got pasty legs that are hairy in places and hairless in others. Though I have quite an athletic build.

I wear chino shorts with socks and l trainers with a smart t shirt. Feeling comfortable in this heat is all that matters. Those fashionistas who are offended by what others wear should stay inside to protect their delicate sensibilities.

Picking up on what was said earlier - I cannot abide to see blokes walking around barechested as soon as the sun comes out. It just looks ridiculous to me :roll:

That is quite ok, that you have that opinion. But banning people from wearing shorts on health n safety grounds is daft.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-23522499

A school banning skirts, what ever next?

If you're offended by men in shorts then stay away from the US, I mean they really do do it in style <pardon the pun>

Only a dumb limey would walk around in slacks or jeans when it's hovering around 100 F. :D

---------- Post added 02-08-2013 at 05:03 ----------

How many grown men wear shorts this hot weather? is it nice to see men who are over a certain age showing their legs, students , Fathers, Grandfathers even men as old as 80s walking round town with varicose veins and bandy legs.

Is it politically correct? did we aught to have a local by-law prohibiting men showing their legs who are over the hill? or would that be an infringement of their human rights?

Are not all men entitled to keep cool when the sun shines?and would you make fun of one who decides to and will put two fingers at anyone who laughs at them.

Surely one does not need to have perfect legs to show them in public and they are not exhibitionists, they are just trying to be comfortable in the sunshine and fresh air.

We should start a campaign for the right to wear shorts in public at any time, just like the naturists are calling for the right to go naked in public

places, as I am led to understand they can in the public parks in Germany.

Why is there a law in England against wearing shorts in public? Thanks for the warning about nudists in public parks in Deutchsland. Avoid contact with all park benches

Archived