Men in shorts

Health n safety means that workers need to wear the apropriate clothing for the conditions, when the conditions in the UK are hotter than Miami !!!

So no need for any change in the law then, it's already covered.

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 15:58 ----------

I don't mind shorts so long as the person wearing it isn't showing half their bum .BUT what I cant stand is trainers with or without socks . Wearing trainers in this weather must make feet stink to high heaven .

What do you suggest then?

If it's a necessary requisite for their job then shorts it must be.

I've been out shopping and just got home an hour ago - that's six hours of shorts-seeing and I haven't seen one nice pair of men's legs. Most of the time I saw elderly men wearing them - say no more.

Taller guys look passable especially if they are tanned, please if you have hairy, skinny, short, bandy, plump legs, - they are not a good look:o:D

How many grown men wear shorts this hot weather? is it nice to see men who are over a certain age showing their legs, students , Fathers, Grandfathers even men as old as 80s walking round town with varicose veins and bandy legs.

Is it politically correct? did we aught to have a local by-law prohibiting men showing their legs who are over the hill? or would that be an infringement of their human rights?

Are not all men entitled to keep cool when the sun shines?and would you make fun of one who decides to and will put two fingers at anyone who laughs at them.

Surely one does not need to have perfect legs to show them in public and they are not exhibitionists, they are just trying to be comfortable in the sunshine and fresh air.

We should start a campaign for the right to wear shorts in public at any time, just like the naturists are calling for the right to go naked in public

places, as I am led to understand they can in the public parks in Germany.

I'm 32 and always wear shorts, my legs are brown though to be fair :hihi:

• 6 months later...

What a pointless bump.

But anyway, I wear shorts in the winter cause my arms get cold but my legs don't. Also if it's raining there's nothing worse than a soggy trouser, and since skin is more waterproof than any trouser you can get...might as well just go out in shorts.

Archived