Gatecrasher "old" people don't go

c jade

I got refused entry in to Hed Kandi at Gatecrasher once for exactly the same reason "too casual" even though I was wearing a shirt which is something I don't often do outside of work.

I walked back down the road and I realised, looking at everyone else in the queue, that it was because I wasn't wearing this month's fashions. I didn't have a pink t-shirt and ripped jeans and a ridiculous hairstyle, nor was I wearing a suit jacket or carrying a man-bag.

Quite simply, Crasher is completely up it's own arse because their door policy is something along the lines of you have to be fashionable to gain entry. With that being the case, I think I'm glad I didn't get let in and I certainly haven't been in there since. Any club that won't let you in because they don't like the way you're dressed, is a club I would rather not go in to.

I got refused entry in to Hed Kandi at Gatecrasher once for exactly the same reason "too casual" even though I was wearing a shirt which is something I don't often do outside of work.

I walked back down the road and I realised, looking at everyone else in the queue, that it was because I wasn't wearing this month's fashions. I didn't have a pink t-shirt and ripped jeans and a ridiculous hairstyle, nor was I wearing a suit jacket or carrying a man-bag.

Quite simply, Crasher is completely up it's own arse because their door policy is something along the lines of you have to be fashionable to gain entry. With that being the case, I think I'm glad I didn't get let in and I certainly haven't been in there since. Any club that won't let you in because they don't like the way you're dressed, is a club I would rather not go in to.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:rant: Was refused entry to gatecrasher tonight ,i,m 39 wow old that in,it ,was out with guys from work ,work in a night club myself, so i know how nightclubs run.was going 2 leadmill who may i add lets "oldies" in,but leadmill was full so went 2 next place GATECRASHER .Anyway got 2 front of the queue and got told i had to step out of the queue cus i was too casual ha,ha wot a joke ,people in teeshirts and jeans and i,m too casual in jeans, boots and a modern top,then i got a whispher that it was because of my age ,MY AGE i,m 39, not dead yet pal,i,ve been going clubbing for too many years to remember,i have never heard that before.so if your "old" DO,NT GO DOWN 2 GATECRASHER CUS THEY DO,NT WANT YOU.:nono::sad: :sad:

You really dont want to be going to such a pretentious night anyway! All this talk of being to old really winds me up.I tell you what,ill let you know when the next free party is,where you can dress how you like,with sound,non judgemental people(of all ages) and the best music and atmosphere you could wish for! :P to gatecrasher :hihi:

I'm not a fan of 'crasher' anyway. Silly, pretentious attitude and just queueing for the place is an experience, in my opinion! There's this lily allen song that always remind me of crasher. The amount of "what you lookin at"'s you hear is funny. I love the way the bouncers size you up when you're going in. It's pretty jumped up - nowt special anyway!

Plenty of better places to go in Sheffield with no attitude, where your age or dress sense doesn't matter :)

x

You really dont want to be going to such a pretentious night anyway! All this talk of being to old really winds me up.I tell you what,ill let you know when the next free party is,where you can dress how you like,with sound,non judgemental people(of all ages) and the best music and atmosphere you could wish for! :P to gatecrasher :hihi:

That's exactly what I'm talking about :love::)

Why would a person aged 39 still want to go clubbing? I gave all that up long before I hit my thirties.

I remember seeing 'old' people during my clubbing years; to me there was always something inherently odd about wanting to hang about with people young enough to be your kids.....

:o :o I am sat here in disbelief what you said, lol............. what a load of old ********.

I am fast approaching my middle 40`s and I go clubbin every weekend, you need to get out more, there are people older than me who go clubbin who I know, gawd knows what century youre living in.

thanks yeah let me know i,ll be there in my casual wear lol i,ll leave the zimmer at home though .

all the people who made it crasher now have mortgages and responsible jobs and have moved on. the glory days of 98-01 are long gone.

Aint that the truth.

Though Id happily go back for a night if it was all the old posse again, if thats possible?!?

I was just talking to my cousins today. He said that Gatecrasher has gone downhil because it's full of kids ! Gone are the days of hardcore clubbers who appreciates its music. I think he said that once a month, such music will surface, and tickets are expensive to really attract those who can afford it. i.e. those of us hardcore clubbers with a mortgage and disposable money ! lol...

I find it a bit of a shame whenever a club turns commercial and becomes a mass production, and its music are lost.

A colleague once got turned away from Leadmill too on a Friday night. He's around 50s-60s ! Last Thursday, we manage to get him into Leadmill in the end. Which was not so bad. Ironically, it's still kids in there. We saw THREE fights that whole night. :rolleyes: So much for its serious clubbing mentality.

Archived