Gatecrasher "old" people don't go

c jade

You can only be a hardcore clubber if you have a mortgage and disposable money??

What about people who save their few pennies for the decent nights.

And... Free parties!!

What do you class as a kid? 18 is the legal age to get in and although 18 year olds may seem young to you, it's not fair to generalise. Some of my clubbing mates are 18 and are more mature and responsible than some people I know in their late 20s! Being 'grown up' and having more dosh doesn't make you hardcore. Also Ive seen plenty of older people starting fights too.

You can only be a hardcore clubber if you have a mortgage and disposable money??

What about people who save their few pennies for the decent nights.

And... Free parties!!

What do you class as a kid? 18 is the legal age to get in and although 18 year olds may seem young to you, it's not fair to generalise. Some of my clubbing mates are 18 and are more mature and responsible than some people I know in their late 20s! Being 'grown up' and having more dosh doesn't make you hardcore. Also Ive seen plenty of older people starting fights too.

^^shes right. and fact is times change and clubs change and music changes. while some of you are crying about how its moved on from ppl throwing shapes in air there are ppl before you who complain that rock is dead and there will be these 'kids' in another 10 yrs complaining that the clubs arent how they remembered them either. Everyone thinks the golden yrs are the times when they were younger and they were they ones out clubbing every night but at end of day there are still plently people who enjoy these places so let them instead of slagging things off all time. things change deal with it. :rolleyes:

as for the OP, you have said it was a student night and you arent or dont appear to be a student? i dont see why you are getting so upset about this - would a bloke kick up a fuss if he were refused into a ladies night somewhere? Yes some of their policies seem a bit harsh and no it isnt always fair but on other hand crasher isnt always open on mondays either usually only during term time so no it isnt aimed for everyone. leadmill and other places also sometimes turn away ppl for not being students. try going on another night or jus go somewhere else if you hate the place so much.

h x

^^shes right. and fact is times change and clubs change and music changes. while some of you are crying about how its moved on from ppl throwing shapes in air there are ppl before you who complain that rock is dead and there will be these 'kids' in another 10 yrs complaining that the clubs arent how they remembered them either. Everyone thinks the golden yrs are the times when they were younger and they were they ones out clubbing every night but at end of day there are still plently people who enjoy these places so let them instead of slagging things off all time. things change deal with it. :rolleyes:

as for the OP, you have said it was a student night and you arent or dont appear to be a student? i dont see why you are getting so upset about this - would a bloke kick up a fuss if he were refused into a ladies night somewhere? Yes some of their policies seem a bit harsh and no it isnt always fair but on other hand crasher isnt always open on mondays either usually only during term time so no it isnt aimed for everyone. leadmill and other places also sometimes turn away ppl for not being students. try going on another night or jus go somewhere else if you hate the place so much.

h x

Have you never heard of the "mature" student. Is it OK for student nights to be only for young students, I think not. A student is a student.

i pass gc a lot of times never even once wanted to enter but the people waiting in the queue seem to dress to the same rules

girls :- wide belt in place of a skirt, a top that shows as much of their boobs as possible without showing nipples but always with the chance of them showing with a 'costume malfunction'

guys :- Ben Shearman shirt jeans and that perminently glazed look in the eyes

thats very harsh. you know nothing about the poster. i'm a dj and a clubber and i don't go to gatecrasher anymore because quite simply its not about the music anymore. its full of hairdressers and shop assistants who regard themselves as being a cut above and look down their nose at people. also crasher isn't crasher anymore. all the people who made it crasher now have mortgages and responsible jobs and have moved on. the glory days of 98-01 are long gone. crasher is as corporate as kingdom

point taken but the other poster shouldn't put comments on like that, i'm in my right just like he / she is

P.s on Gatecrasher night its just like it use to be... remember it will always be with u!!

i was at the 1st ever Gatecrasher on the bank holiday in the leadmill.. the 1st time sheffield ever saw lazers lol , then arches, then adelphi, then republic.. so i know what i'm on about.. yes a litle old you may say (30) not that old really but been there done it since i was 16

I got refused entry in to Hed Kandi at Gatecrasher once for exactly the same reason "too casual" even though I was wearing a shirt which is something I don't often do outside of work.

I walked back down the road and I realised, looking at everyone else in the queue, that it was because I wasn't wearing this month's fashions. I didn't have a pink t-shirt and ripped jeans and a ridiculous hairstyle, nor was I wearing a suit jacket or carrying a man-bag.

Quite simply, Crasher is completely up it's own arse because their door policy is something along the lines of you have to be fashionable to gain entry. With that being the case, I think I'm glad I didn't get let in and I certainly haven't been in there since. Any club that won't let you in because they don't like the way you're dressed, is a club I would rather not go in to.

and for that exact reason its full nearly ever weekend!! so yes, why should people go clubbing spend money on nice clothes then see scrubbers

(waits for outburst) sorry perhaps a little strong, but PEOPLE need to make an effort when they go out.. if they dont then good i'm glad the doormen stop them coming in!! it also stops the likes of NICHE kids coming in cos they are scrubbers, again i like the music policy in NICHE just not the scrubber that are in there

i pass gc a lot of times never even once wanted to enter but the people waiting in the queue seem to dress to the same rules

girls :- wide belt in place of a skirt, a top that shows as much of their boobs as possible without showing nipples but always with the chance of them showing with a 'costume malfunction'

guys :- Ben Shearman shirt jeans and that perminently glazed look in the eyes

with that decsription i can CLEARLY see that you dont go past often, kids in ben sherman shirts WILL NOT get in..

if people make an effort then they get in.. simple as that, some people think jumper and shoes are enough..

Errrr no you don't!

With regards to gatecrasher, its down to the twisted discretion of the neanderthal door staff. Simply making an effort isn't enough, you have to be "trendy enough" too.

Archived