Gatecrasher "old" people don't go

c jade

The first ever Gatercrasher was actually In Brum, but now im being pedantic ;)

Gatcrasher as a night has always, or at least used to be about making an effort, whether that meant being different or not wasnt an issue.

I think it used to be at one point..

"Blue hair is not essential, the right attitude is"

What they don't seem to realise is that people can be wearing exactly the desired outfit but can still be a complete idiot. I don't like it so don't go -that would be my advise to other people who don't like it!

I have been to loads of nights at Plug and although they have a policy it's nothing like crasher. Because it's actually about the music! ie you can wear trainers guys woohoo!

x

i'm not casting dispersions on your clubbing credentials from other posts i know you are 'one of us'! the point i'm making is crasher is a corporate venue

maybe soo

but i still have my best nights there!

eddie & Judge on boxing day!!

i say no more pure quality music till 6.00am

What they don't seem to realise is that people can be wearing exactly the desired outfit but can still be a complete idiot. I don't like it so don't go -that would be my advise to other people who don't like it!

I have been to loads of nights at Plug and although they have a policy it's nothing like crasher. Because it's actually about the music! ie you can wear trainers guys woohoo!

x

yes plug is a good venue, would like to see if FULL more often,

and bigger names..

some simple & Easy steps to ensure you get in

1) Dress smart, No names on clothes showing i.e rockport etc

2) If your a group of guys, split up in to 2's

3) make an effort!!

4) make sure your not steamed drunk

5) dont muck about in the que

6) No running trainers, i.e nike. simple white plain trainers are fine!

7) no blue denim

8) look clean!!!

simple but obvious

if everybody on here is aware theres problems getting in make an effort. If they turn you away ask why! which i have done before, easy for me i went home got changed and went back to the front of the que and they let me in and had a good night

I have done all of these things before and still been turned away. Once I turned up sober with 1 friend - I was wearing smart trousers, shoes and a shirt and they told me I was 'too casual'. Obviously the picker on the door just didn't like the look of me. Other times I have turned up blind drunk, dressed down and in a big group of lads and still been let in.

To the originator of this thread (apologies if this point has already been made - I can't be arsed to read the whole thread) - I would question where the 'whispers' came from that it was because of your age. Republic turn people away on any old whim, depending how they feel, to be honest. If the guy on the door happened to take exception to your face, I wouldn't take it to heart.:)

some simple & Easy steps to ensure you get in

1) Dress smart, No names on clothes showing i.e rockport etc

2) If your a group of guys, split up in to 2's

3) make an effort!!

4) make sure your not steamed drunk

5) dont muck about in the que

6) No running trainers, i.e nike. simple white plain trainers are fine!

7) no blue denim

8) look clean!!!

simple but obvious

if everybody on here is aware theres problems getting in make an effort. If they turn you away ask why! which i have done before, easy for me i went home got changed and went back to the front of the que and they let me in and had a good night

Me and two friends were also out on Monday on a work social - which ended up at Gatecrasher (none of us were planning to stay out though). I was allowed in wearing blue trainers (quite old ones), plain black trousers & a plain blue t-shirt (we were all wearing coats though). My two friends were not allowed in - one wearing black shoes, dark jeans and a white unbranded t-shirt, the other wearing plain white trainers, dark trousers and a (unlabeled) designer t-shirt. Based on look alone, I'd probably fail most of the rules outlined above of the three of us, but they let me in??

There was quite a gap between us in the queue as we'd all walked down from the city centre and mingled with other people joining the queue. And there was nobody mucking around, or behaving drunkenly so that wasn't an issue.

Reminded us all why Gatecrasher isn't worth going to - I'd rather spend my money on a place which makes sure the right people get in, rather than those in the right clothes. If I had actually planned on going to GC for something good, I'd have made an effort, but for a normal Monday student night what was the point??

Archived