Shooting in derbyshire

Pook

we did three gates, ten shots from each. I know a shotgun and a rifle are very different, but sports shotgun didn't sound right for some reason.

I think you mean a 'Sporting Shotgun' rather than a Skeet Gun which has upwards angled barrels.

A sporting gun is straight barrelled and easier to use for a novice.

Well I hope you weren't shooting living creatures:rant:

It was 'Chav' shooting. The Chavs are given a ten minute head start and then everyone sets off in their Range Rovers after them and takes aim with shotguns. It is the latest thing amongst the gentry since fox hunting was banned.

sheep, grouse, deer, chavs, wednesday supporters - we were aiming for them all.

i only seemed to be able to hit the little clay discs they were launching across the field though.

Christ.

Grouse,deer only 2points each chavs Bus Drivers grannys solicitors and estate agents 10 points Coppers and traffic wardens 20 points Owls fans [rare and look like pigs 50 points],,,, your score?

I was wondering. Is it legal to just go around shooting things willy-nilly or does it have to be on licensed land or summat?

The land only has to be specifically licensed by the local Police authority if using centre-fire rifles (usually for large ground vermin (fox) and game (deer), because the safety template for centre-fire is at least a couple of miles.

Rimfire cartridges rifles can be used at the discretion of an experienced shooter with an 'open ticket', or subject to Police clearance of the land for less experienced shooters.

Shot gun use does not need Police clearance.

However, in all cases (and the same applies to air guns), the shooter must have the written permission of the landowner and can only shoot pest species, or game during the appropriate season.

we went out shooting yesterday afternoon next to the Fox house and I have to say it was one of the best afternoons out i've had. Really good fun, great blokes who run it, and really interesting to find out a little about the sport.

I'd recommend it any time.

Cheers Ray and everyone there!

Ooohhhh, more details please!

We tried this in Scotland - 2 days before our wedding, and much merriment was made when I was found to be a 'natural' :D

I'd love to have another go :)

Archived