What is your fave seaside place in British Isles?

• 1 year later...

Having recently returned from a night at the White Rose Guest House in Filey, I can say that this is a jewel of the Yorkshire Coast. Plenty of walks along the front (well after the gargantuan breakfast, you need the exercise).

The White Rose only opened last year and has picked up some very favourable comments from famous actors and actresses who stayed there earlier in the year during filming of a TV series.

My all time fave place though is Durness on the NW tip of mainland Scotland - so bleak and windswept but wonderful and atmospheric. Heaven.

Indeed! :)

I'll go for anywhere along the west coast of Scotland, my preference from Oban northwards. For a lovely beach, nice views and a little bit of civilisation Gairloch has to be worth a visit. Other than that, not exactly 'seaside' but it's lochside.. Lochcarron. Only problem with that place though is everyone who lives there is apparently from Yorkshire :hihi:

My favourite place on the coast in the UK is the stretch of coast around Arisaig in the Highlands. Still 10 weeks until I will be back there:( I've never felt the need to pretentiously go on about physically aching for a place until I found this place last May. I cried when we went back there this February, and fully expect to do so again in September. Ridiculous!:hihi: but so very beautiful. I just feel happy there.

Archived