Dance classes in Sheffield

christoff

Hi, with the new year fastly approaching, I have decided that I would quite like to learn a style of dance e.g. swing or tap. Something really fun basically! Does anyone know of anywhere in Sheffield where I could learn to do this?

Thank you & Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

New enrolement for Novice Salsa classes.

Monday, 8th January 2007

St Mary's Community centre

St Mary's Church

St Mary's Road

Sheffield

7:30 - 8:30 pm

Cost £4 per lesson. Class lasts 14 weeks in total.

For more details see http://www.mambocollective.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

i go to jive classes at the working men's club in crookes on a thursday night. beginners class begins at 7.45 and its £6 a session. Its really good fun, everyone is really friendly and the dancing isn't intimidating at all. And there's beginners classes and then more advanced sessions so you won't get lost. and its a new dance every week so it doesn't matter if you miss a week. I highly recommend it!

I used to do tap on a Thursday night above the Leadmill. It's called Hype Dance and it was a really nice class - I only stopped going cos a few times I left work early in Huddersfield to get back on time and the class was cancelled.

Anyway, the website is http://www.hypedance.org.uk/

Really cannot wait to start tap again, I'm trying to find a class in Huddersfield cos that would be easier but, if not, I'll be looking for one in Sheffield too.

i go to hype too! but i've never had a class cancelled, they're pretty good at cover, but i don't do tap(only ever seen one tutor for that class) i do street.

i've tried loads of places in the past and i think you just need to try them all and see which you like. in the past i've been to a place that looked great but the teaching was terrible!! good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi am new to this forum and am lookin for a class for my son to learn street dance or break dance in sheffield . I dance at drapers and my daughters are starting a course in may but they dont do street dance, any advise or suggestions he is 7 .Thanks

adorabell

• 2 weeks later...

There are loads of new dance (and exercise) classes starting up in March at the new City Limits venue in Penistone Road. There's an Open Day on Sunday, 4th March where all the teachers (including Darren and Lilia from Strictly Come Dancing) will be demonstrating the dance styles. The weekly classes will include Bollywood, Bhangracise, Dancercise, 1920s, World Dance, Bellydance, Street Dance, Ballroom, Latin, and other styles.

Details will be posted on http://www.everydance.co.uk in mid-February, and on the City Limits website at the same time.

Archived