Anyone from Wallace Rd or Pickering Rd Parkwood Springs

Arfer Mo

thank you for that alf must be my great granddad didn't even know his name xx

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 16:58 ----------

hi ben was my granddad was wanting info on him as didn't know him or any info on any of my family members like my nan mary,,or my other grandparants alf eadon or my dads family marshals my uncle was sam marshal but don't know my nan or granddads names thank you jo Mathews xxx

Your GGrandad was Joseph Eadon c1904-1952 would have been Alfreds brother,

Their parents would have been Leonard Eadon died 1911 and Nellie Peet

Your GGrandad was Joseph Eadon c1904-1952 would have been Alfreds brother,

Their parents would have been Leonard Eadon died 1911 and Nellie Peet

oh lord thank you ever so much for this info where you getting it all from lol ive been searching yrs an on clicking on here for a few hrs found out lots cant thank you enough it means a lot as I don't get on with my mum so trying to get owt from her is useless lol xx

Does anyone remember my cousins, Rita, Steven and Dianne Yates. They lived at 22 Pickering Road for years before moving to Bellhouse Road, Shiregreen.

Hi !

Went to school with Rita . We were in the same class at Hillfoot . I used to live on Pickering road .

I have some school photographs which I acquired when my mother died . I will look them out in the loft space when I get time and post them on the thread .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm looking for any descendants of Fred Bagley who lived at 33, Douglas Road, Parkwood Springs. Fred was born in 1881 and an engine driver at Needsend shed. We know he was there in 1911 until at least 1925. In 1936 he was the driver of a train that crashed at Orgreave where he received minor injuries. In the 1911 census he had a son Ronald and a daughter Edna. Ronald was my wife Sandra's father, but he died when she was only a few months old. Sandra was mostly brought up in Children's Homes and knew nothing about her Father's side of the family living in Parkwood Springs. It is possible that someone may remember the Bagley's and Edna may of course have descendants? As Fred's children were only age 6 and 1 in 1911, it's possible there were later children? It would be really good to find some family history on the Parkwood Springs Bagley's.

Many thanks, Phil

Edited by philj

Hi,

I'm looking for any descendants of Fred Bagley who lived at 33, Douglas Road, Parkwood Springs. Fred was born in 1881 and an engine driver at Needsend shed. We know he was there in 1911 until at least 1925. In 1936 he was the driver of a train that crashed at Orgreave where he received minor injuries. In the 1911 census he had a son Ronald and a daughter Edna. Ronald was my wife Sandra's father, but he died when she was only a few months old. Sandra was mostly brought up in Children's Homes and knew nothing about her Father's side of the family living in Parkwood Springs. It is possible that someone may remember the Bagley's and Edna may of course have descendants? As Fred's children were only age 6 and 1 in 1911, it's possible there were later children? It would be really good to find some family history on the Parkwood Springs Bagley's.

Many thanks, Phil

There was a John Bagley at 115 Douglas Road in 1948

also remember a Ronald Bagley-Baggley Farfield Road

There was a John Bagley at 115 Douglas Road in 1948

also remember a Ronald Bagley-Baggley Farfield Road

Thanks Retep

We think the Ronald Bagney in Farfield Road could have been Sandra's brother who's father was also called Ronald and we know he died in 1950. Ronald (Junior) would now be around age 66. Not aware of any possible connection with John Bagley of 115 Douglas Road.

Phil

Thanks Retep

We think the Ronald Bagney in Farfield Road could have been Sandra's brother who's father was also called Ronald and we know he died in 1950. Ronald (Junior) would now be around age 66. Not aware of any possible connection with John Bagley of 115 Douglas Road.

Phil

Looking at FreeBMD, you could be right.

Last time I spoke to Ron must have been around thirty some years back and at the bottom of Farfield, think he'd been in the cafe there.

Looking at FreeBMD, you could be right.

Last time I spoke to Ron must have been around thirty some years back and at the bottom of Farfield, think he'd been in the cafe there.

Thanks again Retep. We think that Ron (Junior) is still in Sheffield.

We've now found a little more info. We believe Sandra's father Ronald Bagley had a sister Edna born around 1910. She lived in Wallace Road, Parkwood Springs and married a John Weston around 1935. These would have been her Aunt and Uncle. We've trying to find if the Weston's had any Children, if so these Cousins may still be around?

Phil

Thanks again Retep. We think that Ron (Junior) is still in Sheffield.

We've now found a little more info. We believe Sandra's father Ronald Bagley had a sister Edna born around 1910. She lived in Wallace Road, Parkwood Springs and married a John Weston around 1935. These would have been her Aunt and Uncle. We've trying to find if the Weston's had any Children, if so these Cousins may still be around?

Phil

John Robert Weston property repairer-52 Pickering Road

poss family 1911

Name: John Robert Weston

Age in 1911: 37

Birth Place: Sheffield, Yorkshire, England

Street Address: 37 Bramwell St St Phillips Rd Sheffield

Marital Status: Married

Registration District: Sheffield

Registration District Number: 510

Sub-registration District: North Sheffield

ED, institution, or vessel: 12