Anyone from Wallace Rd or Pickering Rd Parkwood Springs

Arfer Mo

I remember Beryl Shaw, she was a friend of my cousin Rita Yates who lived on Pickering Road. I think that Beryl lived at number 13. My cousin lived across the road at number 22.

I know the shaw family, we are related by marriage. My husband David Cooper is related to the Shaws and he also lived on Pickering Road. By coinsidence my husband lived at no. 22 pickering road but moved away in 1966.

does anyone remember Pete Simpson From Pickering Rd

I am Pete's daughter. I was looking at this with my sister today and were talking about you before we saw this. My Dad died 13 years ago. Hope you are well.

hi JHBI I have just joined the forum only this week and its strange that you too have just joined.

We are both well and i have been back to Parkwood recently and don`t recognize it at all. Hope you are all well

We were thinking of going back but were told to stay away as it's not safe and a traveller site now. I've heard they are going to build on it again.

We think about your Dad a lot and have got a lot of fond memories of him.

take care Julie

hi Julie

I went on a walk with Art in the Park team a few weeks ago and saw the caravans. A chap on the walk told me they are not all travelers, some are people who cant afford to live anywhere else. Yesterday was an exhibition at Hillsborough Park Pavilion that i took part in, of all the things & photos of what its like now. Lots of people turned up from Parkwood. it was a great to chat with them. Look for my picture in the Star this week.

Hope your Mum is OK.

Barbara

My wife was born on Farfield rd in 1966 her dad was Jack Southall they moved up to oxford st in the early seventies. Jack was born and breed in neepsend does anyone remember him?

Does your wife have an older sister? I went to school with someone called Southall but would have been older.

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 19:12 ----------

hi Julie

I went on a walk with Art in the Park team a few weeks ago and saw the caravans. A chap on the walk told me they are not all travelers, some are people who cant afford to live anywhere else. Yesterday was an exhibition at Hillsborough Park Pavilion that i took part in, of all the things & photos of what its like now. Lots of people turned up from Parkwood. it was a great to chat with them. Look for my picture in the Star this week.

Hope your Mum is OK.

Barbara

Oh in that case we might have to go for a walk around, we were told to stay away. Wish I'd known about the exhibition before I would have come down for a look. I'll look out for you in the Star. I keep bumping into a few people we used to know. My neighbours come from Parkwood which is good and Carol Hopkins lives around the corner.

Mum's ok thanks.

Julie