Fishing ( legal stuff )

right then firstly hello

ive just aquired a pike rod and some gear of the wife for xmas and was wondering is there any licences or anything i need to start fishing i will only be fishing for pike and perch mainly in the canal and anywhere else anyone can point out to me thats got some pike in .. i live at walkly so any pike hot spots near here would be great ...

cheers paul

Fishing-a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other.

what a bloody boring pastime that is

there speaks someone who hasn't been fishing, or if he has been, no one took him to the right place and showed him how to enjoy. Peacefull, yes: enjoyable, certainly: rewarding, without doubt: boring ? never ever. but then perhaps its wise to live up to your name daftlad.

Fishing-a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other.

what a bloody boring pastime that is

Are you trying for a world record in recycling that joke again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.................

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1363790#post1363790

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1363713#post1363713

I also suspect it's infinitely more exciting than working in a call centre as well ;)

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1383469#post1383469

:D

there speaks someone who hasn't been fishing, or if he has been, no one took him to the right place and showed him how to enjoy. Peacefull, yes: enjoyable, certainly: rewarding, without doubt: boring ? never ever. but then perhaps its wise to live up to your name daftlad.

Yes I have been fishing, a few years ago. I would love you to tell me why you think its not boring. Once you have casted off what do you find to do. I can understand people sea fishing, thats rewarding, you get to keep the catch, but riverbank fishing give over, going to the bog for a dump is more exciting.:thumbsup:

i used to do alot of sea fishing but have just moved back to sheffield so its a little hard what with the sea been so far away and not having a car dosnt help matters ... i used to put the back when i was sea fishing to .. i found that i enjoyed the fight and the satisfaction of landing the fish more than killing it / so by putting it back means that some1 else can enjoy it too

Yes I have been fishing, a few years ago. I would love you to tell me why you think its not boring. Once you have casted off what do you find to do. I can understand people sea fishing, thats rewarding, you get to keep the catch, but riverbank fishing give over, going to the bog for a dump is more exciting.:thumbsup:

Then all I can say is that the peaceful, non-boring world of angling is better off without you. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion.

"Casted off????" Isn't that something you do when knitting? No wonder you didn't enjoy it, you were knitting. If you mean "cast out" then what I usually do is catch some fish, handle them properly then put them back. That's rewarding for me, if you think that your reward is in how many dead fish you've got then I think you're wrong.

I'm happy that my time on the bankside will not be interrupted by your presence. Enjoy whatever it is that makes you happy and excited, and so will I.

Archived