Do men pull their weight around the house?

Originally posted by "halevan"

My lovely young wife was a gorgeous thing i fell head over heels in love with her and had no regrets at all at getting married to her

When I was on part shifts and got home when she tried it came apart again immediately. We were a lovely young couple and so much in love.

She was so lovely and such a nice person, our little boy made our happiness complete at breakfast time before I went to work. We went to fetch the little boy from school across a busy main road at the end of Leppings lane.

Whilst I was at work, he got home and found his lovely mother was there and also his granmother too and his mother was waiting for him, his tea ready for him. She nalways went out to work and gave the us I had to thank her every day for helping us so much

Said she had confidence to face people, and when I was at work she took the little boy and went a walk in the park

Always at home to give us our meals, she went out at night to a show or visiting friends then perhaps calling for a drink somewhere in the country with some ladied she had known for many many years her brother lived close by and she used to visit him frequently in fact all her friends and relatives lived out there and they always congregated at someones house for a get together so that they could chat and dicuss old times with each other so that they were always up to date with the news and gossip because all their family are well known out there and if you mention their name to anyone who lives in the village they know who mean straight away and can talkto you about any of them with ease al there family are very gregorious and will always speak to whosoever will talk to them about any subject under the sun they are very well known catholics this has got to be one of the worst days of my life as just about everything has gone wrong that could go wrong and to top it all i have just had a bill for 72000pounds and i cant opay it so it depends on the law whether i go to jai or not as it is they who will decide on the matter

To top it all, she turned out to be a very special person and i didnt want to lose her so when i proposed i had my heart in my mouth for if she might turn me down

When our two children were babies, I used to make the feed, wash the nappies (the very large towelling ones) no disposables then, and every Sunday morning took them out in the pram for an hour.

what a wonderfull lady and oh so beautifull and sophisticated what a lovely person and so generous too i could spend the rest of my days with her and not regret one moment of it

just noticed this post by Hal, the one originally slagging off his ex-wife which prompted the question of why marry her in the first place. As you can see it has been edited and changed somewhat DRAMATICALLY. I therefore think that it is still the same halevan, not a 'hijacker', but he must be a little touchy on that certain subject.

he's also edited most of his other posts like the one that laid into moon_maiden.

Halevan's OK, had a PM from him, he was just a little upset with a few comments directed towards him.

Urged him to get back posting in his original funny way, not this weird shining stuff.

Lets wait and see, everyone welcome him back when he returns.

• 3 months later...

I have been finding that I have been doing all the housework while my husband is spending all his waking hours (it seems to me) chatting to you lot. So I have joined this forum to a) see what all the fun is about. and b) to hog the computer for a bit so he has no option but to get on with the washing up! Has he done the washing up? No, hes gone to bed. Arrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh

This is a good thread cos it is affecting my life at the moment i have just split from my boyfriend cos he is so lazy i worked full time but he still expected me to clean the house not just everyday cleaning but cleaning up after him didnt really mind while i was working part time but not any more.

I don't think one can group two sections of society into two extremes with regards to anything, including housework. Some men will do it, others won't. This also applies to women. You shouldn't generalise.

Originally posted by t020

I don't think one can group two sections of society into two extremes with regards to anything, including housework. Some men will do it, others won't. This also applies to women. You shouldn't generalise.

Oddly enough I agree with this sentiment. Shame that, I agree with t020 just when he leaves the forum.

Archived