Any Housley Or Houseleys Out There?

• 5 weeks later...

Housley's and the Isle of Axeholme (Lincolnshire)

I am trying to find a link between my branch of the family and Housley Hall circa 1379

Epworth, North Lincolnshire is 40 miles East of Ecclesfield. Parish Records go back to the 1570's then I am struggling.

I am trying to find any Housley that migrated from your neck-of-the-woods to settle in the Epworth/Owston/Haxey area?

My earliest are as follows:

1576 20th Jan m. John Howslaye / Janet Fox Epworth

1576 15th Dec b. Thomas Howslaye Epworth Lincolnshire (Father Rawfe Howslaye) Epworth

1577 22nd Dec b. Mary Howesley (Father John or Johnes Howesley) Epworth

1578 21st Mar b. Edwardus Housley (Father Radulphus) Epworth

1579 05th Mar d. John Howsley (Father John Howsley) Epworth

1580 05th Mar d. Johannes Howsley St. Andrew Epworth (Possibly same as above)

1581 30th Oct b. George or Georgius Howsley (Father John or Johannis Howsley) Epworth

1582 01st Jun b. John Howsley (Father Ralph) Epworth

1582 24th Jun d. Elizabeth or Elyzabeth Howesley (Father Ralph) Epworth

1582 22nd Aug d. Johannes Housley Epworth

1582 28th Oct m. Franke Howslaye / Agnes Garland Epworth

1585 d. Elizabeth Howsley Haxey

1589 15th Jan d. George Housley Epworth

1591 d. Janet Howsley Epworth

1592 d. Annie Howsley Epworth

1602 d. Raphe Howsley Epworth

1605 d. Margaret Housley Epworth

Hopefully you guys may help me connect the dots?

Simon

Housley's and the Isle of Axeholme (Lincolnshire)

I am trying to find a link between my branch of the family and Housley Hall circa 1379

Epworth, North Lincolnshire is 40 miles East of Ecclesfield. Parish Records go back to the 1570's then I am struggling.

I am trying to find any Housley that migrated from your neck-of-the-woods to settle in the Epworth/Owston/Haxey area?

My earliest are as follows:

1576 20th Jan m. John Howslaye / Janet Fox Epworth

1576 15th Dec b. Thomas Howslaye Epworth Lincolnshire (Father Rawfe Howslaye) Epworth

1577 22nd Dec b. Mary Howesley (Father John or Johnes Howesley) Epworth

1578 21st Mar b. Edwardus Housley (Father Radulphus) Epworth

1579 05th Mar d. John Howsley (Father John Howsley) Epworth

1580 05th Mar d. Johannes Howsley St. Andrew Epworth (Possibly same as above)

1581 30th Oct b. George or Georgius Howsley (Father John or Johannis Howsley) Epworth

1582 01st Jun b. John Howsley (Father Ralph) Epworth

1582 24th Jun d. Elizabeth or Elyzabeth Howesley (Father Ralph) Epworth

1582 22nd Aug d. Johannes Housley Epworth

1582 28th Oct m. Franke Howslaye / Agnes Garland Epworth

1585 d. Elizabeth Howsley Haxey

1589 15th Jan d. George Housley Epworth

1591 d. Janet Howsley Epworth

1592 d. Annie Howsley Epworth

1602 d. Raphe Howsley Epworth

1605 d. Margaret Housley Epworth

Hopefully you guys may help me connect the dots?

Simon

There was John who had mates at Doncaster so a possibility,

"Description Petitioners: Alexander de Aune, squire; William Warin.

Name(s): de Aune; Warin, Alexander; William

Addressees: King.

Nature of request: Aune and Warin request that whereas they made a bargain with Mauliverer and Barle of all their wood growing in the park of Woodhall, and certain people there, namely Rokeley, Drausfeld, Seward, Barbour, Barnsley and Housley, forcibly disturb and prevent the petitioners from their bargain so that they do not dare to approach the wood for fear of their lives, that letters be directed to the evildoers ordering them to allow the petitioners to keep their bargain, and that if they do not they should appear before the King and council on a certain day to answer to the King and the petitioners.

Nature of endorsement: [None].

Places mentioned: Woodhall, [West Riding of Yorkshire]; Doncaster, [West Riding of Yorkshire]; Hallamshire, [West Riding of Yorkshire].

People mentioned: Oliver Mauliverer (Mauleverer), knight; Thomas Barle; Robert Rokeley, knight; William Drausfeld; Hugh Seward; William Barbour of Doncaster; William de Barnesley (Barnsley); John de Howesele (Housley) of Hallamshire.

Date derivation: Dated on the guard to 1392, since this is the date of the Chancery warrant with which it was formerly enclosed (C 81/534 no.8725)."

My ex wife's uncle is Trevor Housely , he was brought up , I believe , in the High Green area , for a number of years he worked at the Newton Chambers factory at Chapeltown.

He was a very keen golfer , he has lived at Birdwell since the early 1960's .

• 8 months later...

House or Houseley

I knew of a Lynn Housley in 60’s – 70’s. I believe she lived in the Birley, Hackenthorpe, Gleadless Townend area, Sheff 12. I reckon she may have been born 1953-54 time.

Apologies for not being very precise. Obviously nothing happened atween us or I’d remember her precisely.

I knew many Lynn’s in dem days, but not many Housley’s.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, My name is Kieran Housley. I've been using ancestry to figure a lot of stuff out but we've hit a wall at the moment. Does anyone know of William Henry Housley, born 1916, died 1955 at the age of 36. He was married to Doris Birks who became Doris Housley who died quite a bit ago.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Sue Roupee said:

I am researching the Housleys as my husbands grandmother was Mary Ellen Housley. I would be interestedin the family tree that you have Hillsborough. 

Do you have any dates?

Got her.

Edited by retep