Any Housley Or Houseleys Out There?

2 hours ago, Sue Roupee said:

I would be interested in the family tree that you have Hillsborough. 

Hi - I have sent you my email address by Private Message; if you email me I'll reply with the family tree.

• 1 year later...

Hi I'm trying to trace my ancestry and my great Grandfather Barnet (George) Housley was born/lived in Sheffield circa 1867.  He married a Clara Smith and they moved to Salford around 1900. They had 8 children 3 of whom died. Maurice, Beatrice, Clara, Jenny, Ida all survived. Clara was my Grandmother. If anyone recognises these details or knows of the family please let me know.

Thanks Diane

27 minutes ago, Red said:

Hi I'm trying to trace my ancestry and my great Grandfather Barnet (George) Housley was born/lived in Sheffield circa 1867.  He married a Clara Smith and they moved to Salford around 1900. They had 8 children 3 of whom died. Maurice, Beatrice, Clara, Jenny, Ida all survived. Clara was my Grandmother. If anyone recognises these details or knows of the family please let me know.

Thanks Diane

Barnet's parents were Bernard Housley 1827-1883 and Sarah Durans 1834-1919.

Thanks to everyone who posted. I will work my way through and try to get back to you. Barnet George Housley was my  Great Grandad and moved to Salford/Manchester circa 1899/1900. I believe Barnet was in the steel industry whilst in Sheffield but I have no idea what brought him to Salford/Manchester.

Thanks all much appreciated. X

I have this family in my ancestry.  I would suggest that Barnet moved to work at the large Salford Gas works.  George and Harriet Housley are my 3x grandparents.  who would be if my calculations are correct would be Barnets grandparents.

• 10 months later...

In relation to Anne Housley who died 1828 in Ecclesfield the burial register records her as an infant but unusually does not show the parents' names. Many family trees on line show this as the burial of Barnabas Housley's wife Anne.  Has this issue been reconciled by anyone?

58 minutes ago, Sheila Kirby said:

In relation to Anne Housley who died 1828 in Ecclesfield the burial register records her as an infant but unusually does not show the parents' names. Many family trees on line show this as the burial of Barnabas Housley's wife Anne.  Has this issue been reconciled by anyone?

What date do you have for the burial?