Sheffield Half Marathon - May 20th 2007

dont drink or eat anything you have not already tryed many a run has come to an end with someone drinking energy drinks or gells and it aint a prity sight :gag: stick to something you know dont do anything different on the day and as long as you have done the training you will be fine GOOD LUCK

dont drink or eat anything you have not already tryed many a run has come to an end with someone drinking energy drinks or gells and it aint a prity sight :gag: stick to something you know dont do anything different on the day and as long as you have done the training you will be fine GOOD LUCK

It says dont do anything different, so on the night before (being a Saturday) I go to the pub ;) works for me lol

Thanks for all the advice - all I know is I will have to kick the booze for at least a couple of nights before - it really drags my legs down the next day!

At the mo we are planning to get up at 6-ish (used to it for work anyway), have early breakfast (maybe porridge, and banana) then another banana about 1/2 hr before.

TBH energy drinks make me feel vomitous so am planning water and basic glucose sweets and lots of nagging from O/H to make me finish (he could do it on one leg lol). Good luck everyone!

DAMN DAMN DAMN!! :rant::help::mad::gag::cry:

It's now 7 weeks since damaging the hamstring, how depressing it is. All that training down the pan.

Feeling the urge to get out there again, I tried a 10 minute trot last week and it ended up being an embarrasing hobble. Enough to make a grown man cry.

I think I'm still gonna have a go though - even if it means DNF.

Sorry to hear of your problems I know what its like with injury,Have you tried crosstraining I am also a keen cyclist and find it helps where injurys are concerned.

On Thurs I completed my max distance at 14 miles geez those last 2 miles were tough running through millhouses park.

Gonna focus more on interval training in the next 2 weeks and reduce the millage a bit as I know its getting a bit late but would like to increase my speed a bit.

Mat B

You have done well to get that fasr so quick I am hoping for a similar time.

Thanks for all the advice - all I know is I will have to kick the booze for at least a couple of nights before - it really drags my legs down the next day!

At the mo we are planning to get up at 6-ish (used to it for work anyway), have early breakfast (maybe porridge, and banana) then another banana about 1/2 hr before.

TBH energy drinks make me feel vomitous so am planning water and basic glucose sweets and lots of nagging from O/H to make me finish (he could do it on one leg lol). Good luck everyone!

That is the best way to prepare for the half.

I'm also have pasta the night before,take water on in small doses during the race and don't start too quick.

I'm really looking forward to it now.

Sorry to hear of your problems I know what its like with injury,Have you tried crosstraining I am also a keen cyclist and find it helps where injurys are concerned.

On Thurs I completed my max distance at 14 miles geez those last 2 miles were tough running through millhouses park.

Gonna focus more on interval training in the next 2 weeks and reduce the millage a bit as I know its getting a bit late but would like to increase my speed a bit.

Mat B

You have done well to get that fasr so quick I am hoping for a similar time.

Good luck mate..

im just hoping i dont look like THIS come sunday..heat gets to me so much! nothing a running hat and plenty of sunblock wont cure though!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived