HIV/AIDS transmission - To prosecute or not to prosecute?

I can accept that, but I'm pretty sure a man would want to know that his prospective partner had a known, low risk of transmitting her HIV to him, rather than a known zero risk, or no reason to believe she was a carrier.

Totally agree, I wouldn't be jumping for joy over liaison with a woman who was HIV+, even if the risk was minute, but I can see how her defence might develop along the lines of her misconstruing that risk and the information that was given to her on diagnosis.

I am astounded people take chances with a fatal disease. Its like playing Russian Roulette.

It must be noted that due to the advent of antiretroviral medication, HIV is not the automatic death sentence that it once was - however it is still a life changing condition - and one that can be avoided.

Except that one could be deemed irresponsible - while the other is vindictive.

..I can imagine being extremely angry if I was one of the infected parties, but vindictive implies that she set out deliberately to infect people with this virus, which might not be the case.

I don't want to appear to be defending this woman, I'm not, but thus far it would appear she's been extremely reckless and not fully considered the potential consequences of her actions, rather than set out to infect as many men as she can.

Totally agree, I wouldn't be jumping for joy over liaison with a woman who was HIV+, even if the risk was minute, but I can see how her defence might develop along the lines of her misconstruing that risk and the information that was given to her on diagnosis.

Nonsense, it's a classic case of cognitive dissonance. Any health professional, worth their salt, would caution against unprotected sex and advise that whilst chances of transmission of the virus may be negligible it is still a risk, therefore, precautions should be taken at all times, especially if she has sex whilst menstruating.

Nonsense, it's a classic case of cognitive dissonance. Any health professional, worth their salt, would caution against unprotected sex and advise that whilst chances of transmission of the virus may be negligible it is still a risk, therefore, precautions should be taken at all times, especially if she has sex whilst menstruating.

I don't doubt it Suff, I was merely speculating on the arguments her defence might use.

Archived