Logician wanted

This statement is false.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. This statement is false.

• True
    • False

Originally posted by Tony

If you believe that all new threads are rubbish isn't resurrecting an old good one rather than starting a new good one a bit of a paradox Phan?

It'd be a paradox of sorts if he had said all new ones were rubbish and then started a new one!

The answer (true, false) is context dependent on your level of abstraction.

And if (as a human being) you are not operating at any level of abstraction, then the answer is the question is you is everything is nothing and there is no seperation ... and get ready to pop and vanish from this world forever in a puff of purple smoke.

God I would make a crap philosopher ... my mind is way too lazy to think at times ...

Originally posted by Strix

Hmmmm, no but having found out that there is no 42 in the thread IDs, I found this

Which has no relevance to anything at all

Except for making me wonder why my blue bin only collects paper, when this guy's one also sorts glass and plastics!

there's a vaguely relevant lateral thinking puzzle I know:

An explorer was captured by a tribe whose chief decided the man should die. The chief was a very logical man and gave the explorer a choice. The explorer was to make a single statement. If it was true, he would be thrown over a high cliff. If it was false, he would be eaten by lions. What statement did the explorer make that forced the chief to let him go?

(NB:-you can use either the one on the poll or another one - try and work out the other one!)

Originally posted by noseyrosie

there's a vaguely relevant lateral thinking puzzle I know:

An explorer was captured by a tribe whose chief decided the man should die. The chief was a very logical man and gave the explorer a choice. The explorer was to make a single statement. If it was true, he would be thrown over a high cliff. If it was false, he would be eaten by lions. What statement did the explorer make that forced the chief to let him go?

(NB:-you can use either the one on the poll or another one - try and work out the other one!)

You will now feed me to the lions.

Archived