Manor topics from 40's to the late 60's

stovin

I am hoping this will open a can of worms does any one remember the Brailsfords from Fairfax road on the manor . Most of the family went To Prince Edwards school .A family of many men going to war & only females surviving today.They were there from the 40's to 60's the road is not as it was then & has changed now . Dr Ali ( this probably was 1970's) used to be on the road above.I have many memories but my enquiry is for the older generation members who may know them.They are all getting on now so I would like any contact before they go into extinction would be nice. ANY INFORMATION WILL BE GREATLY RECEiVED.Thank u & all the best for 2007

I am hoping this will open a can of worms does any one remember the Brailsfords from Fairfax road on the manor . Most of the family went To Prince Edwards school .A family of many men going to war & only females surviving today.They were there from the 40's to 60's the road is not as it was then & has changed now . Dr Ali ( this probably was 1970's) used to be on the road above.I have many memories but my enquiry is for the older generation members who may know them.They are all getting on now so I would like any contact before they go into extinction would be nice. ANY INFORMATION WILL BE GREATLY RECEiVED.Thank u & all the best for 2007

I seem to remember that the Brailsfords lived alongside a gennel that connected to Hastilar Road. The Doctor's name was Dr.Halle.

Thank you for your responses & excuse my ignorance with the spelling of the doctor's name.That is exactly where they lived at the side of the gennel so you are correct with your memories.I wonder if you remmember any of the sisters?

I believe the Hardcastles lived the other side of the gennel.

Thank you for your responses & excuse my ignorance with the spelling of the doctor's name.That is exactly where they lived at the side of the gennel so you are correct with your memories.I wonder if you remmember any of the sisters?

I can vaguely remember Mary and Marjorie and my cousin remembers Rosalind but that is all.

Thank you multiparvo1 you are indeed correct with those names I find it amazing how people remember details from long ago & thank you for taking the time & trouble to reply .None live on the manor now but are scattered over all Sheffield areas.Mary is still as fit as a fiddle ,85 now. Marjorie unfortunately died a few years ago but Rosalind the youngest is ok enjoying her retirement Valerie,Elsie ,Mavis & Olive were the other sisters .I will check with my aunts & see if they can come up with any comments to add later

i use to go out with a Jillian Hardcastle many moons ago (early 70's) she lived near the doctors........

Used to live at number 61 fairfax road in the early 50's when I was just a kid of about seven or eight. Our house was just opposite a gennill and I think it must be the one you refer to Stovin. Certainly the names of Brailsford and Hardcastle ring a bell with me although I can't remember any individuals. Other names I can recall from nearby are Leslie Johnson, Micheal Lowe, John German, Michael Dalton and a grumpy guy name of McKenzie just up the road.

I went to Standhouse? school as did my younger sister. My two elder sisters went to Prince Edwards. As kids we used to love going to the bowling green just across POW rd. The guy there used to let us hire a set of bowls and have a game on the green! Thanks for bringing back some forgotton memories Stovin. I'm surprised at what I can recall.

I remember the Brailsords and I think the father was a grave digger.

I lived at 57 from 1951 to my leaving to join RAF in 68 and remember all the names plus a lot more.

The poeple I remember living at 61 in the early 50 were the Jolliffs ond the Horners.

Son of grumpy old man.

Archived