Manor topics from 40's to the late 60's

stovin

Hi Barbara I see you are on line I have sent you a personal e-mail with my address on for you.I don't think Roz has any pictures of your school friends you never know someone out there may have the one missing .Lets keep our fingers crossed.I will check my inbox now

Hi to all respondants to this thread, like you say Stovin it's amazing just how much one can recall... David Bacon, Barbara Woolhouse and Gillian Hardcastle are all names that seem familiar form that time. My two elder sisters may well have known Rosalind, Barbara and Gillian perhaps? (Margaret and Janet) would have been about 12 or 13 at that time.

Now I definitely remember the lady at the top of the gennill and sorry to say now that we put a couple of bangers up her drainpipe one bonfire night!

I had a Triang scooter which I was very proud of. The other type was a Mobo. I used to go all the way down POW rd to my Grannies in Darnall sometimes. Also remember putting pennies on the tramline at the end of Fairfax.....remember they used to come out all flat! I remember doing a stint at Sunday School just around the corner in POW rd but I never used to like it much!

One other incident that I remember was the German's getting burgled one night. They were pretty keen fishermen I think John's older brothers... anyway they broke in to the area at the back door and did pretty well for themselves.I think I am right in saying that one of German lads had a go but was given a bashing for his trouble. Anyone recall?

did your sisters hang around with Graham Wilson at no45

Sorry Babsy I don't know, they may have? Margaret is the eldest of my sisters, then there,s Janet and I have a younger sister called Barbara. They are all still in the Sheffield area. I am looking for photo taken in the back garden at 61. If I locate it I will put on the thread.

Sorry Babsy I don't know, they may have? Margaret is the eldest of my sisters, then there,s Janet and I have a younger sister called Barbara. They are all still in the Sheffield area. I am looking for photo taken in the back garden at 61. If I locate it I will put on the thread.

Hi Buster,If I've got the right family,Ionly remember the two girls,maybe Rosalyn will enlighten me.would love to see the photo,Ilived at no 51:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived