Manor topics from 40's to the late 60's

stovin

Hi, Babsy - yes, Christine Kipling sounds familiar. She lived next door to us. My dad -Len - had a motorbike - a BSA as I remember - remember riding pillion with - of course - no helmet, nothing to hold on to and nowhere to put my feet - from the age of four or five. Those were the days!

Hi yes i have twin sisters Marilyn&Jacquline both doing fine my parents are called Maryand Jack Lowe both in there eighties and in good health my gram was Annie Kelley.I have not seen any of the Fairfax Rd lads and girls since i moved in 1964.::wave:
remember me to your mum Ithink she'll remember me BARBARA WOOLHOUSE THAT LIVED NEXT DOOR TO THE RAYNERS,

hi

I do remember the lady of the night,I've been waiting for some one to bring that up,didn't fancy doing it myself,my father only died four year ago ,he was 94,and he could remember everything from the past,but not what happened yesterday,pleased to hear your parents are doing well.

Babs

• 3 weeks later...

I lived at 137 Windy house Lane until 1946. I attended Stand House Junior and was in the St Swithuns' Church Choir. During the war years I remember going to a house where I understood 'Jacobite's or Recabite's' lived. What they were and I don't think I'll ever know!! The Manor Community Association on City Road put on operatic shows and at the Salvation Army Near Fredson Road, I'd often get a Baked Potato.

Not much, but a lot when you lived in a house where the Gas and Electric had been cut off for not paying the bill!!

Anyone else from the bottom of Windy house on the Forum?

Hewitt -Star - Denton - Eastwood - Gears - Cryer - Or the Cop. He who often gave me a clout for being naughty and sometimes told my mother to send me to bed and not let me outside until he came next day so I could apologies to him. My father was away fighting in the War as were many, many others. So a lot of my generation came from One Parent families but with out todays Social provisions.

(What would people make of that these days if it happened?)

Archived