What type of restaurant does sheffield need?

khizman

I agree - a decent vegetarian restaurant with vegan options too. I also get fed up of being offered only one dish on a menu. It would be nice to have a decent choice.

Are there any vegetarian restaurants left in Sheffield? There used to be a really good one :) in Sharrowvale Road some years ago, but I know it closed :( .

I agree - a decent vegetarian restaurant with vegan options too. I also get fed up of being offered only one dish on a menu. It would be nice to have a decent choice.

Are there any vegetarian restaurants left in Sheffield? There used to be a really good one :) in Sharrowvale Road some years ago, but I know it closed :( .

Look out for the next Kumquat Mae meet! It's on Abbeydale Road. They have a set menu, but it's based on what's fresh and good on the day at the market. They're very good. Even the meat eaters are satisfied with the place. Keep your eyes peeled on the Evenings Out section. :thumbsup:

http://www.veggieheaven.com/guide/hull.html

This is what we need. If any veggies go to Hull I recommend sourcing this place out! You choose the menu if you are first to book - they will do any country and theme it!

I also went to a brilliant restaurant in Northampton that let you pick what you wanted and it was cooked on a plate in front of you (think it was Lebanese but sheiks and the one on south road are nothing like it) My mate only liked meat so he had a pile of meat and I am veggie so I had a pile of vegs whilst the others had something in between.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulcan B2

Somewhere selling REAL food. Fresh, simple, good, no rubbish.

Like what though?

If you ask this kind of question, I take it, you're not a chef, are you ?

I too would like to see more 'cook from fresh' type of restaurant. Whatever the type of category of food. Whether it's ethnic, or British Modern. Though, I think this type of restaurant is sadly not possible near this region. (I don't know why it doesn't happen here, but the owners are either out to make money, than to feed the masses, and feed them well.) Since we're in Yorkshire, we should be able to source good local ingredients, you know ? A lot of ingredients are imported. So it is rare to cook from fresh fresh.

I think for Sheffield, people don't think health, but more on quantity, than quality, which I feel is kinda wrong. We're definitely a city which dines out for special occasions, and not dining out for an everyday meal.

I think if we had a 'from fresh ingredient' type of restaurant at a good decent Sheffield price. Then people will flog to it. It doesn't have to be fancy, but just decent, and fresh. Something creative, which people cannot cook at home, but decent enough to be worthy of dining out for. At the right price, people will flog to it.

On the point of Yo Sushi, I hope we don't get one of those here. Cos I feel such places are always too manufactured just like any other chain. Sushi in Japan are literally made from fish caught and cut that day. We don't have this kind of infrastructure in place in the UK anyway. Sheffield is definitely in the wrong place for this type of cuisine to happen.

I know sheffield reasonably well, there are numerous chinese buffet restaurants, what type of restaurant does sheffield really need?

Another buffet place but with different cuisine?

A different type of cuisine altogether?

ROMANIAN RESTAURANT:hihi:

I know exactly what Sheffield needs but can't say as yet cos have got a couple of ideas we're working on.

Watch this space!

Hi,

Regardless of whether or not you are correct in your supposition that you know what Sheffield needs, I think, when it comes to eateries, that the crucial factor in its success will be whether it provides what Sheffield wants.

Regards,

Ade

Archived