New years Eve?? What was good and not so good?

Ged303

That late bar down by the Washington, DQ is it?

Well, amid rumours of an Arctic Monkeys set (which didn't happen, as far as I'm aware) there were actually some decent acoustic sets from the likes of Milburn et al, but the stinkiest stink of the night was the notice that said something along the lines of "The bar will be closed from 11.45-12.30". I mean, I'm all for closing the bar like most places do for 20 minutes or so, but the upshot was I ended up making a quarter of a pint last a goddam hour. And I had to share it with the missus. Cheers, yeah?

F***in' clown shoes!

That late bar down by the Washington, DQ is it?

Well, amid rumours of an Arctic Monkeys set (which didn't happen, as far as I'm aware) there were actually some decent acoustic sets from the likes of Milburn et al, but the stinkiest stink of the night was the notice that said something along the lines of "The bar will be closed from 11.45-12.30". I mean, I'm all for closing the bar like most places do for 20 minutes or so, but the upshot was I ended up making a quarter of a pint last a goddam hour. And I had to share it with the missus. Cheers, yeah?

F***in' clown shoes!

Oppps!! sharing beer with the missus is never a good idea

I went to a dinner/dance at the Courtyard in Rotherham.

Good - nice food and worth the money. As a veggie I got melon and sorbet, stilton and parsnip soup, asparagus and mushroom lasagne with veggies, Strawberry champagne basket, cheese board and crackers, coffee and choccies. And a glass of champers. Crackers, posh party hats, party poppers etc.

Bad - Not the thing for two single girlies to do who usually go to indie bars. I wore a dress and heels (not me) and had to listen to cheesy eighties and seventies 'party' music or smoochies, surrounded by people a lot older than me who were all in couples. Felt extremely Bridget Jones, which was the ultimate aim of NOT going clubbing. Watching people your parents' age snogging, with no other single people around but your mate, kind of rubs in the fact I'm a singleton.

Edna!!

Ouch!! sounds like a recipe for tears before bedtime...

I know! Next year it's back to getting trollied in a bar somewhere and snogging some random bloke that is far too young for me!:thumbsup:

The emotional pain of dancing foot side to side to Showaddywaddy was offset by my digestion problems.(See my windy pops thread!:help: )

I actually enjoyed going back to my mate's place and watching Tales from the Crypt! :)

Archived