New years Eve?? What was good and not so good?

Ged303

That late bar down by the Washington, DQ is it?

Well, amid rumours of an Arctic Monkeys set (which didn't happen, as far as I'm aware) there were actually some decent acoustic sets from the likes of Milburn et al, but the stinkiest stink of the night was the notice that said something along the lines of "The bar will be closed from 11.45-12.30". I mean, I'm all for closing the bar like most places do for 20 minutes or so, but the upshot was I ended up making a quarter of a pint last a goddam hour. And I had to share it with the missus. Cheers, yeah?

F***in' clown shoes!

Rant alert!:

You miserable git... The sign was behind the bar ALL NIGHT, you should have bought enough drinks to last! Me and the staff worked from 4pm till 7am NYE, we had family and friends from all over the country who'd come over..

Milburn, Harrisons and Gas Club all did live stuff and the Monkeys did DJ at midnight..

Sorry if anyone else was upset by this but, frankly, be a bit more thoughtful, we only charged £5 to get in. The staff are what makes this bar, don't try and make me regret treating them fairly...

Cheers

Matt

PS Happy frickin new year :thumbsup:

Rant alert!:

You miserable git... The sign was behind the bar ALL NIGHT, you should have bought enough drinks to last! Me and the staff worked from 4pm till 7am NYE, we had family and friends from all over the country who'd come over..

Milburn, Harrisons and Gas Club all did live stuff and the Monkeys did DJ at midnight..

Sorry if anyone else was upset by this but, frankly, be a bit more thoughtful, we only charged £5 to get in. The staff are what makes this bar, don't try and make me regret treating them fairly...

Cheers

Matt

But did you have a prawn ring Matt? :)

Rant alert!:

Cheers

Matt

Fair play to you Matt, if it wasn't for the bar staff at any venue, none of us would have been able to enjoy such a good new years. Good to see a boss treating their staff with a bit of respect.

Wall of Balls at The Red House pub, best NY I've had in years! :clap::nod:

got to agree. its the first time ive not had to work all night on nye since 1999 (i kid you not!)

never been to the red house before, but felt the power of the barman who gave me a stella glass for my vino.

then went to somewhere under the arches, then a party, then the lescar.

random just didnt even cover it- oh yeah, and i lost my bank card, numpty!

x

Kingdom was a good final night.... was packed though!

didn't see any fights.... thought there might be a few, as everyone was bumping into each other, especially near the midnight bell. Got soaked with beer when everyone jumped around at 12am hehe... all in the name of fun though.

Kingdom RIP :hihi:

Archived