What? No Metal In Sheffield???

general_head

for anyone not knowing where the White Bear is in Ecco, try this post code on Multimap

S35 9YT

that gets you into the square

Buffy is in the white bear

bruno is in the stocks

yes good old multimap i wood bee lost with out it:huh:

i only download the maps as if you download the directions you end up on some farm track near matlock:hihi:

turn right 100 yards join the m1 for 200 yards then turn left sow on sow on thanks eric:thumbsup:

Wasn't a DJ, but used to work with naughty people who used unused FM space while was very young ........ so I'll have a semi-qualified stab at it .......

If I EVER hear 'Stairway To Heaven' again, I'll not be held responsible for my actions ....... BUT it's 'our song' and all the rest for loads of people, so it can't be banned, so it's fair enough ..... I have to go outside so I can't hear it.

'Enter Bloody Sandman'; they did other stuff too. Better stuff.

This may be heresy to the metallers, but I really cannot hear several Sabbath songs ever again (much as I love the Sabbath), but 'Iron Man' really does my biscuit in. People used to ask for it and say "Just so you don't hear 'Paranoid' again!"

Thoughtful, however usually, I'd have preferred to have heard Paranoid .........

Anything by Manowar ....... because .......

yes i have a lot o/s maps to find the highest points as well what type of link TX did you use band 3 or microwave and how many watts was your FM output to air

• 1 month later...

Found Metal Church - A Light In The Dark album in HMV today.

Ask me upstairs tonight and I'll play something off it for you.

tonight...

upstairs: DJ Moth Boy - new rock n metal (best and latest)

downstairs: DJ Lez - classic rock (all your old favourites)

http://www.myspace.com/the_nelson_rock_bar

it was 12 years ago and sill waiting even took him the cd with play track 2 on it

yes its hard to keep the rockers happy but as i have said the same songs week in week out just a few new bands in the play list would be nice:)

:help: has any one heard the new iron maiden cd the matter of life and death at the nelson on a sat night as i have been told they play it i may have been in the bog when it was played or up stairs or down stairs if i am wrong i will say sorry to the nelson:thumbsup:

DOVE AND RAINBOW will be playing all the very latest rock chart hits tonight from 6pm onwards.........all thro to Midnight, non stop current rock chart hits such as offerings from:

THE KILLERS, AUDIOSLAVE, RHCP, STONE SOUR, BREAKING BENJAMIN, HINDER, PANIC AT THE DISCO, DISTURBED, EVERCLEAR, LACUNA COIL, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, LAMB OF GOD, MUSE, MUDVAYNE, NEW FOUND GLORY, SLAYER, IRON MAIDEN, THE FRAY, ALIEN ANT FARM, GREEN DAY, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, MARS VOLTA, SILVERSUN PICKUPS, SNOW PATROL, KORN, FLYLEAF, LOST PROPHETS, THREE DAYS GRACE, TAKING BACK SUNDAY, COBRA STARSHIP, GODSMACK, SHINEDOWN, RISE AGAINST, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, and many many more recent rock hits!!!

PLUS all your classic rock anthems as well, you name it, we spin the disc!!!!

BON JOVI, GUNS AND ROSES, POISON, MOTLEY CRUE, LED ZEPP, STONES, DOORS, PURPLE, HENDRIX, FREE, SAXON, MAIDEN, AC/DC, MOTORHEAD, LEPPARD, JUDAS PRIEST, VAN HALEN, you name it...WE PLAY IT>>in a stupendous megamix of non stop rock and metal........

MEGA REQUEST FRIENDLY....BRING DOWN YOUR OWN PLAYLIST!!!!! IF WE HAVE IT AND ITS NOT TOO OBSCURE, IT GETS PLAYED!!

Remember, if you dont ask, you dont get, so grab ANYONE wearing a Dove and Rainbow T shirt and ask for whatever you want.....on your way to the Corp, what more could you possibly want, aside from the excellant range of cask ales and ciders we now have on........:thumbsup:

Stormblast at the Nelson on thursdays is the only real place to hear NEW as well as classic extreme metal. Regular guest DJs keep it fresh and the atmosphere is one of community rather than one of scene. The music, in all honesty, doesn't get heavier/darker/harder ANYWHERE in the city.

And to the poster that said it was a goth place... not for a bloody long time it hasn't been! Which is good, as if I hear 'Eloise' one more time I think I'll spontaneously combust.

I love the Nelson. I love their staff, the place, the music and the atmosphere. I also love the fact that they cater for genres otherwise almost completely neglected everywhere else in the city.

Sure you'll hear Angel of Death and all the obvious tunes get requested every week, but you'll also hear a good chunk of the latest releases as well as more obscure ones.

Stormblast at the Nelson on thursdays is the only real place to hear NEW as well as classic extreme metal. Regular guest DJs keep it fresh and the atmosphere is one of community rather than one of scene. The music, in all honesty, doesn't get heavier/darker/harder ANYWHERE in the city.

.....if it gets requested, it gets played at the Dove, be it ANY extreme metal, classic or new, ......depends what people are in as to what we play, we reflect exactly what the punters expect and request......I do actually have a good collection of extreme stuff that rarely gets heard as generally we dont get asked for it on a regular basis......but its there and just waiting to be heard....

tonight...

yes in the last few weeks you have played some tracks i like by drowning pool disturbed

thanks dj moth boy did not sea your post till today Sunday as been on my space have gone in to band mode at mow and will not be coming down on a sat night till near Xmas as lots of bands to go and see and it costs much more to see bands going to see Saxon journey moonspell within temptation etc

tonight...

DJ MOTH BOY

when i come in to the nelson i will pay you for the cd u got as it shows how much respect you have for the punters that go to the nelson that goes so far with me :)

i took lez the daughtry cd last sat never played it !!!

he said the track "its no over" was to slow not as slow as pink floyd "Time" he played that!!!!:rolleyes:

its such a shame you have to buy and play classic rock upstairs

whats lez getting paid for nothing :huh:

before all lezs fan club start sayin well daughtry is new rock its new style classic rock and the C.R.S support new bands like stream of passion ;)

buffy had it last sat and played it at the moorfoot shes got her finger on the pulse of rock and metal and she gets bands like taras secrets a must see band 10 out of 10 buffy:thumbsup:

Archived