What? No Metal In Sheffield???

general_head

I think it's time that someone set up a new pub/club is Sheffield that plays Euro Black metal/Thrash/Goth. I can't stand most American rubbish (an exception would be Disturbed) and that's all I ever seem to hear in clubs. I almost jumped for joy when I heard a Lacuna Coil song the other day (First time ever) Euro metal is heavily underepresented. Maybe we should sabotage the Crasher and paint it metal style to make a point! Do I have to hold up the DJs at gun point to get them to play Nightwish and Sonata Arctica?

I think it's time that someone set up a new pub/club is Sheffield that plays Euro Black metal/Thrash/Goth. I can't stand most American rubbish (an exception would be Disturbed) and that's all I ever seem to hear in clubs. I almost jumped for joy when I heard a Lacuna Coil song the other day (First time ever) Euro metal is heavily underepresented. Maybe we should sabotage the Crasher and paint it metal style to make a point! Do I have to hold up the DJs at gun point to get them to play Nightwish and Sonata Arctica?

No gun required...just come up and ASK and ye shall receive....Euro black metal, Viking metal, whatever you name it, I will play it if you want it.......one of my regulars who is into viking metal jumped for joy when I played some BATHORY....I seriously will play almost anything :thumbsup:

No gun required...just come up and ASK and ye shall receive....Euro black metal, Viking metal, whatever you name it, I will play it if you want it.......one of my regulars who is into viking metal jumped for joy when I played some BATHORY....I seriously will play almost anything :thumbsup:

Do you have any Leaves Eyes or Turisas by any chance? Where is the Dove and Rainbow anyway? Will check it out, sounds good.

DOVE AND RAINBOW, behind the Bankers Draft, down the little alley off High Street with PIZZA HUT at the High St end.....not down at the pub but have LOVELORN and ELEGY albums by leaves Eyes at home....will bring them down tomorrow..... I am adding stuff all the time so dont be afraid to make any number of suggestions......

Try Thursday nights @ The Nelson for STORMBLAST.

Sheffields first weekly dedicated black/death/doom/thrash/grind/viking metal night. Been going well over a year now!

For flyer...http://www.myspace.com/the_nelson_rock_bar

For playlists...http://www.amodelofcontrol.com/playlists/

yes its so hard 4 the pubs to play all types of rock as old farts like to hear the same 20 80s cds as at the start of the tread :loopy:

but if they got there heads out of the sand to see the light they my like some new bands eg nightwish / daughtry / blind guardian. etc god i am 45 and am not happy bands like this dont get played downstairs at the nelson not even the new iron maiden cd on a sat night i think the dj is to blame as he should be playing new stuff as well as the classics and yes it was good to hear nemo upstairs maybe the change starts here the 80s was a good time for rock but lets move on and if you luv the AOR of the 80s there is a lot of new sounding AOR bands on arfm give it a ear

a lot of the djs are trying hard .buffy .dove and rainbow and.dj moth boy he played to nemo track on sat night

a lot of the djs are trying hard .buffy .dove and rainbow and.dj moth boy he played to nemo track on sat night

I think we all try to please as far as posible, given time restraints, client base and limits on personal collections.......I like to think I have a very varied music collection of over 30,000 tracks, which I do, but there is always stuff I dont have.......or can't play because 1 request from a Dove and Rainbow 'newbie' for obscure Viking metal track up against 30 requests from regulars for Bon Jovi's 'You give love a bad name' is an open and shut case.......

having said that, been listening to a lot of BATHORY in the last 24 hours, and will be playig a lot more viking metal in the future....

am not happy bands like this dont get played downstairs at the nelson not even the new iron maiden cd on a sat night i think the dj is to blame as he should be playing new stuff as well as the classics

Firstly, thanks for the £10 on Saturday night. You really didn't need to. I go out every Monday to HMV and buy all the new releases and things missing from my collection (I don't agree with downloading music illegally). Spend over £100 every week! They love me at HMV:love: Just a pity they don't do a DJ discount like Virgin used to do :(

Secondly, I'm gonna have to stick up for Lez. He plays the old 'classics' because that's what I employ him to do. It's as simple as that. We're lucky enough to have 2 rooms, and so we can do 2 separate genres of rock on the same night. And that's the way I like it. All the DJs I employ have a specific mandate on what to play depending on the night/room.

Tim/Moth Boy/Owner/Buck Stopper :wave:

Archived