What? No Metal In Sheffield???

general_head

moth boy

dont you get promos ? sent to you ??

yep, on Wild, BMG and Roadrunner mailing lists.

However, I'm useless at getting myself organised and sending the reaction sheets back on time, oops :blush: So the amount they send me fluctuates accordingly. Roadrunner kicked me off last year for not replying in time, but have recently added me back.

Why?

I think we all try to please as far as posible, given time restraints, client base and limits on personal collections.......I like to think I have a very varied music collection of over 30,000 tracks, which I do, but there is always stuff I dont have.......or can't play because 1 request from a Dove and Rainbow 'newbie' for obscure Viking metal track up against 30 requests from regulars for Bon Jovi's 'You give love a bad name' is an open and shut case.......

having said that, been listening to a lot of BATHORY in the last 24 hours, and will be playig a lot more viking metal in the future....

i can see its money that puts the bon jovi on and not the nightwish yes you have to make money !! but please the odd track is not going to send people screaming to the nelson to hear lez and all the fav classics

at the mow there are so many bands that are good getting no play at all maybe a new rock night once a month instead of the dead night club thing lez does that every binking week :huh: HOW ABOUT :thumbsup: THE NEW ROCK SAT NIGHT SORRY IF ITS FROM THE 80s WE DON'T PLAY IT on your flyer's and you can still play iron maiden Saxon motorhead Ozzy Europe slayer judas priest + heaps more

let rebels the roxy R.I.P.

i loved them times as much as you :thumbsup:

but 20 years have got behind you no 1 told you when to run dont miss the starting gun ;) after all this thread is no metal in Sheffield and i did not start it! !!!!!! stand out !! not in line with the rest to get noticed

However, I'm useless at getting myself organised and sending the reaction sheets back on time, oops :blush: So the amount they send me fluctuates accordingly. Roadrunner kicked me off last year for not replying in time, but have recently added me back.

Why?

How do you get on these mailing lists?

Why?

yes the reaction sheets are a pain in the ass i think you can email them now :confused: just takes me back to 80s that's all pirate radio after moaning about it :hihi:

at the mow there are so many bands that are good getting no play at all maybe a new rock night once a mouth instead of the dead night club thing lez does that every binking week :huh: HOW ABOUT :thumbsup: THE NEW ROCK SAT NIGHT SORRY IF ITS FROM THE 80s WE DON'T PLAY IT on your flyer's and you can still play iron maiden Saxon motorhead Ozzy Europe slayer judas priest + heaps more

but 20 years have got behind you no 1 told you when to run dont miss the starting gun ;) after all this tread is no metal in Sheffield and i did not start it! !!!!!! stand out !! not in line with the rest to get noticed

A 'NEW ROCK' NIGHT is a cool idea and one I am planning as I write...totally new rock and metal and probably twice monthly, but let me look into the logistics......

However, the 'golden age' of rock was certainly without any doubt the Rebels and Roxy era.......Rebels was packed most nights, and Roxy's was so crammed you could not breath in its glorious period.

Rock has fragmented and diversified so much since the much narrower genres of the 80's and early 90's, it is going to be difficult to create something that has mass appeal, as each sub-genre in rock these days has only limited fan bases in any one area. Hence a 'new rock' night has to incorporate a lot of sub-genres which may, or may not, have a broad and universal appeal in its designated target market..

sorry,talking like a promoter with a banana up their ****.:hihi:

i can see its money that puts the bon jovi on and not the nightwish yes you have to make money !! but please the odd track is not going to send people screaming to the nelson to hear lez and all the fav classics

at the mow there are so many bands that are good getting no play at all maybe a new rock night once a mouth instead of the dead night club thing lez does that every binking week :huh: HOW ABOUT :thumbsup: THE NEW ROCK SAT NIGHT SORRY IF ITS FROM THE 80s WE DON'T PLAY IT on your flyer's and you can still play iron maiden Saxon motorhead Ozzy Europe slayer judas priest + heaps more

but 20 years have got behind you no 1 told you when to run dont miss the starting gun ;) after all this tread is no metal in Sheffield and i did not start it! !!!!!! stand out !! not in line with the rest to get noticed

PS have you all had your pancakes i have :thumbsup:

A 'NEW ROCK' NIGHT is a cool idea and one I am planning as I write...totally new rock and metal and probably twice monthly, but let me look into the logistics......

However, the 'golden age' of rock was certainly without any doubt the Rebels and Roxy era.......Rebels was packed most nights, and Roxy's was so crammed you could not breath in its glorious period.

Rock has fragmented and diversified so much since the much narrower genres of the 80's and early 90's, it is going to be difficult to create something that has mass appeal, as each sub-genre in rock these days has only limited fan bases in any one area. Hence a 'new rock' night has to incorporate a lot of sub-genres which may, or may not, have a broad and universal appeal in its designated target market..

sorry,talking like a promoter with a banana up their ****.:hihi:

yes F in hard to get it right as its so fragmented ask the punters to help you to get it right as if u played thrash or speed metal all night you will only have 3-4 punters in the pub :hihi:

Archived