What? No Metal In Sheffield???

general_head

yep, on Wild, BMG and Roadrunner mailing lists.

However, I'm useless at getting myself organised and sending the reaction sheets back on time, oops :blush: So the amount they send me fluctuates accordingly. Roadrunner kicked me off last year for not replying in time, but have recently added me back.

Why?

I've still got a few reaction sheets from years ago when I used to get stuff for a pirate station in London (RFL). Do you reckon that Geffen will wear it if I send one back saying that it had just been returned to me as undelivered, or will the fact that it's from 1989 be taking the mick too much :hihi:

How do you get on these mailing lists?

Ask them, and tell them/prove you're a DJ basically ..... I had stuff sent to my place so that if the 'studio'* got raided, there'd still be records knocking about, but they always came in one of the DJ's names ........

*otherwise known as 'available flat'.

I've still got a few reaction sheets from years ago when I used to get stuff for a pirate station in London (RFL). Do you reckon that Geffen will wear it if I send one back saying that it had just been returned to me as undelivered, or will the fact that it's from 1989 be taking the mick too much :hihi:

radio free London :hihi: its you who knows Nigel grant isnt it

Er, ......... yes ........... but I never built the rigs ;)[/quote

]paul burns makes rigs so does bern shame there are no rock pirates up here:( bern told me you can make a 10 watt rig the size of a fag packet + a mp3 player that would do most of sheffield ok a lot smaller than a biscuit tin rigs of our day :hihi: hard 4 Eric to find ;) god he must of retired by now!"

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm a Dutch metal music fan. I moved to Sheffield last month and I am currently trying to get my bearings in the area. I am especially interested in finding places in Sheffield that I can go to A) buy albums and B) visit concerts.

Apart from the obvious (HMV, Virgin) I haven't come across any music shops yet that have a decent metal section, so I hope someone can point me in the right direction. As far as concerts are concerned, I understand that the Corporation puts some decent bands on stage from time to time, but I haven't seen any other venues around yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I'm a Dutch metal music fan. I moved to Sheffield last month and I am currently trying to get my bearings in the area. I am especially interested in finding places in Sheffield that I can go to A) buy albums and B) visit concerts.

Apart from the obvious (HMV, Virgin) I haven't come across any music shops yet that have a decent metal section, so I hope someone can point me in the right direction. As far as concerts are concerned, I understand that the Corporation puts some decent bands on stage from time to time, but I haven't seen any other venues around yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

No and no!

No where else really puts internationally known metal bands on and there is no where else to buy music since Noise Annoys shut down. Selfworth sold a bit, but that has also shut now. Stick to the internet!

No and no!

No where else really puts internationally known metal bands on and there is no where else to buy music since Noise Annoys shut down. Selfworth sold a bit, but that has also shut now. Stick to the internet!

Not strictly true - though Corp is obviously the main rock venue you get the occasional rock & punk band at The Plug (Hayseed Dixie last month, UFO coming up) and the Octagon plus cover bands of just about every major band at the Boardwalk. As regards music - might be worth looking in Record Collector in Broomhill which has a good rock (in its widest sense) section - though to be honest - most physical record shops seem on their way out since everyone started buying off tinternet/downloading .

Archived