What? No Metal In Sheffield???

general_head

just a stock set of stuff from each DJ.

Some DJs do play stock sets, the same old songs all the time, but many I know (including yours truly) carry thousands of tracks along and vary it. They also take requests, so if the public are asking for the same old songs...that's not the DJ's stock set.

I also do a rock night up at the White Bear in Ecclesfield every Friday night. Most of the punters like to hear fairly recent rock there.

Excuse me?! You actually bothered to read any of our flyers?

Tues - Control Frequency - Industiral/EBM/Noise

Wed - Rockaoke - Rock karaoke

Thurs - Stormblast - extreme metal (been going well over a year!)

Fri/Sat - Generations of Rock (including DJ Lez downstairs every Sat night)

The only 'goth' night (Dark~Matter - EBM/industrial/goth) we do is fortnightly downstairs, and we're removing the 'goth' bit from that this year.

So you see, no 'goth' in sight...

Or are you just assuming that because it's painted red and black that it must be 'goth'?

yes ,lots of goths upstairs on sat night or is that the bar staff :hihi:

after reading your flyers change generations of rock to classic rock night

or to

the same 20 80s rock track night every week or i will give you a free drink:hihi:

its not generations of rock music what happened to rock after 1990 ???

buy your djs a hmv gift voucher each for Christmas so they can buy some new cds

like iron maidens new cd never heard it in your pub upstairs or down

your djs would be the best in south yorkshire if it was 1987:thumbsup:

ps

maybe you are stopping the goth night coz people have found a better goth night at a better pub????

just a stock set of stuff from each DJ.

Some DJs do play stock sets, the same old songs all the time, but many I know (including yours truly) carry thousands of tracks along and vary it. They also take requests, so if the public are asking for the same old songs...that's not the DJ's stock set.

I also do a rock night up at the White Bear in Ecclesfield every Friday night. Most of the punters like to hear fairly recent rock there.

yes you play wot people ask 4 :thumbsup:

No Rebs (kids used to come from all over the county for the dump we loved so much) no wap, no Yorkies, Maily, Hornblower... Roxys rock night.. :help:

yes you are right!!!

we used to come up from london to go to rebels as the rock seen was a lot better than the smoke at that time

oh yes forgot lots of good looking ladies as well:love:

two times bus fulls to rock city as well.

happy new year to you as well fox

its not generations of rock music what happened to rock after 1990 ???

gets played all the time

like iron maidens new cd never heard it in your pub upstairs or down

Well I bought it the day it came out and Lez has it as well.

Have you ever actually requested it?

Excuse me?! You actually bothered to read any of our flyers?

Tues - Control Frequency - Industiral/EBM/Noise

Wed - Rockaoke - Rock karaoke

Thurs - Stormblast - extreme metal (been going well over a year!)

Fri/Sat - Generations of Rock (including DJ Lez downstairs every Sat night)

The only 'goth' night (Dark~Matter - EBM/industrial/goth) we do is fortnightly downstairs, and we're removing the 'goth' bit from that this year.

So you see, no 'goth' in sight...

Or are you just assuming that because it's painted red and black that it must be 'goth'?

Tim, it's full of the buggers ;) . In fairness, it's been gothy/industrial whenever I've been in, and it's just not my thing; I just must have been in on the wrong days mate ........ it has been a while too ........

Small? You wouldn't think that if you had to clean and decorate the place!! Felt like the same size as the City hall stuck up on scaffolds pouring black paint over my head and stepping in pots of purple emulsion. Oh that was a FUN day!!!!:hihi:

And as Tim says, anything painted black (or black/red) does not necessarily mean a goth venue....or person even. We have a black ceiling and black doors but we are not a goth venue. We had a goth night last night (EVERFINK), and just twice a month, and the actual number of what you might define as 'stereotypical' excessively black clad goths were in the minority, it was a very broad range of attire indeed.

I know Tim quite well, and it was a tad of a wind up :thumbsup: . I used to work just down from you, and above Tim's place (that's blown my cover), so I know both places pretty well .......

Archived