What? No Metal In Sheffield???

general_head

Interesting thread. No one is going to be 100% happy 100% of the time at any club/pub.

So it seems pointless argueing (sp). If you want a specific night of a specific type of music then nelson has plenty of variation during the week. Not ideal but i guess a death metal night on a saturday would be poor for business!! lol

i guess a death metal night on a saturday would be poor for business!! lol

Would be a real challenge!!!! Possible, but very very difficult, unless you found a way of converting all classic rock lovers to death metal? Hmmmmmm......

look into my eyes..I will count backwards from 10 and you will feel very sleepy......10...9...8, etc .you love death metal.....it is your reason to live, without death metal you would surely become nothing........:hihi:

I try to make excuses when people ask for Living on a Prayer. I pretend I don't have it....but they *know* I do. Sick of it. Also Summer of 69. Everyone loves it but hearing it several nights a week does my box in! Also Sweet child o mine and anything by the Arctic Monkeys (enough said on that band).

I was asked for Take That mid rock set last night by a woman and had to explain several times that it was a rock night, she just didn't seem to understand! She walked off bitterly disappointed.

I always do enjoy playing Rammstein and Disturbed back to back, cos little Jackie always gets up, irrespective of how busy the pub is and dances/moshes/headbangs to it. Regulars are used to it, but she's had some odd looks in the past!

What happened to djs playing songs that people haven't heard yet and then people liking it and asking what it was?

I much prefer to hear some good music I don't know and to go and buy it the day after, rather than have Iron Maiden and Evanescence played at me all night.

Metal dj sets tend to be very stale.

This has always been my complaint from living in Sheffield for years and going to all the Rock venues. For my money the best DJ for mixing it up was Les when at Rebels , he would play pretty much everything rocky from INXS to Metallica . People kept dancing and it remained interesting. Who wants to listen to a such a narrow genre as death or grunge or classic rock all night? The best and current of all these genres is what DJs should be playing if they want to keep their audience interested . You gotta keep it moving forward or all you'll do is strangle the rock/metal scene in its broadest sense . Its been ****e watching the average age of the people listiening and going to rock pubs get older and uglier. Does anyone remember the girls on Monday nights at Roxys?

I'd like to add if i ever wanted to listen to what i consider metal, i have my cd collection. when i go to places like corp, the nelson etc im out there to have a drink and a good time, not to whine about what music is being played.

yes but i go every week and to hear the same songs week after week after week after week can get boring :(

:thumbsup: yes i go out for a good time as well

This has always been my complaint from living in Sheffield for years and going to all the Rock venues. For my money the best DJ for mixing it up was Les when at Rebels , he would play pretty much everything rocky from INXS to Metallica . People kept dancing and it remained interesting. Who wants to listen to a such a narrow genre as death or grunge or classic rock all night? The best and current of all these genres is what DJs should be playing if they want to keep their audience interested . You gotta keep it moving forward or all you'll do is strangle the rock/metal scene in its broadest sense . Its been ****e watching the average age of the people listiening and going to rock pubs get older and uglier. Does anyone remember the girls on Monday nights at Roxys?

:thumbsup: right on and the girls at Roxy's yes slept with a few:blush:

Would be a real challenge!!!! Possible, but very very difficult, unless you found a way of converting all classic rock lovers to death metal? Hmmmmmm......

look into my eyes..I will count backwards from 10 and you will feel very sleepy......10...9...8, etc .you love death metal.....it is your reason to live, without death metal you would surely become nothing........:hihi:

its worked on me lawnmower death please :hihi:

Archived